Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: watch'em die!

watch'em die!

Talk about reality TV!

http://www.local6.com/news/2867927/detail.html

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

NEW YORK -- Two-thirds of Americans polled last month said they support the idea of televising executions -- and 21 percent said they'd pay to watch Osama bin Laden put to death.
    Eleven percent said they would pay to see Saddam Hussein executed.
    The opinions on executions came in a poll taken by Harris Interactive for the Trio cable channel.

Even though the poll found support for the idea, 54 percent said they wouldn't watch an execution on television.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

You thought Americans were barbaric before?
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

You thought Americans were barbaric before?
    No, not really.................public executions were a source of mass "entertainment" in Europe for hundreds of years? (cf. The French Revolution...........burning witches etc.)

People are used to real violence on TV..............Waco? 9/11? wars, road accidents, murders etc.

Given what the public are used to and the history, it is perhaps unusual that criminal executions ever became private affairs?

Just a different slant

Regal Making Handler
    A hanging used to be a good day out for the family at one time here. So i don't find it surprising, just alittle disterbing. But then most people have not experienced violent death up close and personel. Curiosity being what it is.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

I don't think that lethal injection would draw much of an audience......not spectactucuar enough.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Televising the executions of Osama Bin Laden and/or Saddam Hussein would just add to the martyrdom.

Anyway...it's only 21% and 11% respectively that say they'd pay to watch the executions. Must be Texans...

AO Part Timer
    Televising the executions of Osama Bin Laden and/or Saddam Hussein would just add to the martyrdom.
    Eg****ingzactly!

Banned
    That is quite disturbing.

Personally, I'm against exucution to begin with. Televising it as entertainment is just adding to the existing disgrace of it. I know in the old days it was common, but then again so was bathing only yearly, wearing mercury as make-up, useing lead for pipes, a inbreding your royalty (to keep to blood clean). People were even more stupid back then than they are today.
    Not all those who wander are lost.

Banned
    Look at the Romans. Gladiator battles were a way for politicians to curry the favor of the people. They were outings where man and their sons would go bond. The world has not necessarily progressed from then. I would not pay to watch someone get killed, I can just watch the news. While slightly disturbing, they are out to make money...

-Cheers-

let's throw in some other words..

Boxing
    BullFighting -> rodeo

and ponder..

Who would find an execution even closely exiting...
    Let's just spice it up.. OFF WITH THEIR HEADS...

or what about clubbing to death..
    being burned alive...
    now that's an exciting execution..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !