Thread: DDoS Attacks continue...

DDoS Attacks continue...

SpywareInfo, Tom Coyote & Merjin are still under major DDoS attack.

This was posted at NetIntegration Forums today by Merjin:

Guys, it seems the DDoS attack will be going on for awhile. We're doing everything we can to get things working again, but since the zombie bots just resolve domains and target the resulting IPs, changing servers won't help much.

We need samples of this zombie bot. Be on the lookout for users with zombie-like problems! If users come to help forums saying their firewall is logging numerous connection attempts to SWI, TC or Merijn.org, take their machines apart and try to get a copy of the dos bot. Only that might allow us to actually stop the attack, instead of continuously dodging it.

Thanks for all your support!

Ahh another group of "skiddies" have finally worked out how to use there sub7's.
    Gee it's a shame when they have nothing better to do then just take down servers with there lamor programs.
    I hope that Merijn.org sorts it all out and catches these "skiddies".

cheers
    .:front2back:.

Can i give a hand at all?

Like teach some people some lessons?
    Who am i to question your motive?

Would you have the skill to code them and produce a successful attack?
    In a word "yes" because a DDoS attack doesn't require that much IT skill if you think about it?

Try http://www.grc.com and read all about it...............a 13 year old can do it Using someone else's software

1. Obtain trojan(s) from internet sites
    2. Scan net for vulnerable machines
    3. Infect machines
    4. Launch attack

It is far more likely to work if there are a number of you, as you need to "own" a significant number of machines, and it is safer to use a number of sites to manage them from?

The "clever" bit is to find out roughly where your bots are and understand international time zones so you can launch them at the right time.

I personally do not believe that this is the work of skiddies, it has the feel of something rather more professional to me?

Cheers

EDIT: seems like the original post got deleted

Well hopefully technology with race to the rescue in the futute as found in the Thread: The End of Buffer Overflows!

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=255027

Interestingly enough, both threads are within one post of eachother...lol

Whoever is launching the attacks took time to come up with a plan and a strategy. We should do the same. First get the IPs of all the zombies and try to find their location. The best way to stop this is to get a zombie and work from within to find the attackers. If its a proffesional doing the attacks...then it they'll probably be using proxies and they'll prolly jump from one node to the other hence it will be harder to trace.

Bring your Ideas forth and maybe we can do something from here.

Originally posted here by .:front2back:.
    Ahh another group of "skiddies" have finally worked out how to use there sub7's.
    Gee it's a shame when they have nothing better to do then just take down servers with there lamor programs.
    I hope that Merijn.org sorts it all out and catches these "skiddies".

cheers
    .:front2back:.

I highly doubt it , cui bono? , spyware makers possibly?

How come all i ever see you post is self rightous, bad skiddies crap? Big morality coming from someone who fakes cancer and plays all sorts of tard games, hypocrite.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

Cybr1d.. if you take a look at that thread that meeeeeee posted.. you'll see that they are in the process of doing just that.. it doesn't make sense to me to have seperate groups doing things.. if you want to help, head over there and see what they propose..

I was thinking of AO and them co-operating with them to resolve this faster. I'll see what I can do from teh east coast. If they find any Zombies near my location i'd gladly go there and talk to the folks who own the PC.