Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: i've been hacked

Exclamation i've been hacked

hello, i've got avast anti virus, and zonealarm on my laptop. still an old class mate can breake into my laptop, how can i stop him????
    hey that\'s how it is!

Hey Hey,

How about some more details first.

How did he break in?
    How do you know he broke in?
    What did he access/remove?
    What does your firewall say?
    What open ports do you have?
    What is your firewall set to block/allow?

The answers to all of these, as well as other questions, would greatly assist in helping you determine what happened and how to prevent it.

Peace,
    HT

Custom User
    Ok, I'm just gonna get in before anyone else asks you the same thing:

Can you give us any more information. If it's an old class mate, will he tell you how they got in, and what they used. You need to explain how he's getting in before anyone can really give you any good information on how to stop him.

I mean, anyone can tell you that the easiest way to stop him would be to just not connect your computer to any kind of network, and make sure he doesn't have any physical access to it, but somehow I guess that won't help you :P. We could also tell you to set up a firewall that allows you to specify certain rules to prevent any unauthorised person from attacking, but surely zone alarm will work better for you than anything you could set up manually when you don't know how to stop him already.

So here it is...give us more information. How did the person gain access to your computer, what type of network are you on, did he attack your computer over the internet (well, anywhere remotely actually), or did he have physical access to your box. I'm guessing from the fact that you said about zonealarm that it was remote, but give us more info.

Thanks,

ac

[edit] damn you HTRegz, you got there first and managed to ask him better questions :P [/edit]

he told me he got to see what i've downloaded for the past several weeks!
    he said he got in thanks to a filesharingprogram( kazaalite i think)
    zonealarm doesn't warn me. both settings at high (stealth mode)

i'm connecte with ADSL, he said i had to figure out how to stop him grrrr... he send copys of my files to others, and i don't like that at all!
    hey that\'s how it is!

Banned
    If he knows your username on KaZaA, he can see what all is in your Shared Folder, just like you can see what is in anyone's shared folder if you know the username.

It's not a bug, it's a feature

i don't share any files!
    hey that\'s how it is!

Banned
    Can he see ALL files you downloaded, or just the ones you downloaded with KaZaA?

only the ones downloaded with kazaa (he mentioned some files, all downloaded via kazaa)

btw. i'm using sygate online scan now to scan my ports (tcp scan right now)
    hey that\'s how it is!

Custom User
    maybe he's not actually getting any more access to your computer than any other kazaa user then. Either that or he's using some exploit in kazaa. Sounds like that anyhow.

ac

he also mentioned that a firewall always let some ports stay open.... so i think he's using one of them..?
    hey that\'s how it is!