Thread: Wireless Securities Forum?

Wireless Securities Forum?

Hey Hey everyone,

It's been a long time since I posted in here, so this may have been suggested but how about a Wireless Securities forum. The forum may not generate a large amount of traffic right now, and I'm sure the information in it could be twisted to fit in other categories, but I think it would be an interesting forum to have. "Maxium Security For a Connected World" That doesn't mean we have to solely discuss computers, there's a lot out there on cell phone security and with more and more people browsing the net from their cell phones and PDAs that opens up a whole new world of ideas and problems. We've got cards that use cell towers so users can bring their laptops online, we've got the enter set of 802.11 standards, we've got infrared, we've got blue tooth.

It may not be used, but then again it may be popular for discussions... Just an idea I thought I'd throw out.

Peace,
    HT

Sounds good to me HTR, let's wait to see what the mods think and if they like the idea, we'll make it happen!
    Thanks,
    intmon

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    I think it's a good idea. There is definately issues with Wireless and there will be a new protocol, 802.11i, coming out soon that might help deal with some of those issues. The amount of wardriving and warchalking that's going on out there is really scary and people, IMHO, need to be more aware of the lack of security in Wireless.

Got my vote for it!
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Banned
    I'm with the idea.

and more people browsing the net from their cell phones and PDAs that opens up a whole new world of ideas and problems.
    never really though about cellphone viruses or PDA viruses. Good idea. You got my vote too, even if im not a moderator.

Originally posted here by MemorY
    I'm with the idea.

never really though about cellphone viruses or PDA viruses. Good idea. You got my vote too, even if im not a moderator.
    Hey Hey

I'd never really considered the idea until I started writing that thread and thinking about it, but could you imagine, a virii that forced your phone to repeatedly call a number, or to text message it repeatedly. You could effectively close down 911 or other emergency services and overload their switchboards. With more and more phones going to a JAVA engine, I could really see something like this becoming a reality. Although We should prolly leave that discuss for if and when we get the forum.

Peace,

HT

Here you go: http://www.antionline.com/forumdispl...s=&forumid=684

It's live and ready for posts HTR...thanks for the suggestion!
    intmon

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    MsMittens pokes intmon

The Wireless forum needs to be on the front page too.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

It's on the front page now.

- h
    I'm not mean. You're just a sissy.

Thanks mnstrgrl!!
    intmon