Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: laptop charger not charging

Is it not still under warranty?
    =

I don't believe so. I think I had a year warranty but it has been about a year and a half since I bought it. I am currently in the process of looking into that.

On the back of the laptop is the pin bent at all That might be why it doesn't fit tight. just came to me while looking at the back of my laptop

ahhh.. come on. soldering isn't all that hard.. hell, just twist the wires together and tape them.

if the problem is a loose connection at where it mates with the laptop, then put a piece of duct tape on one side of the plug.. so it's forced to one side.. the "jury rig" method.. hehe.

hehehehe i know I'm all about cutting in and fixing it myself, but like coVert said, If you can't trust your own soldering then don't even try. Not to mention, if your not into that stuff, by the time you spend all the money and time getting all the tools together and all the right parts... you have payed enough for a new ac adapter. especially if this would be the only time you venture into 'fixing-it' yourself. If the smell of burning solder, flux and components (when things go wrong) is not your bag, then drop the bills on a replacement part and call it a day. Also, might want to see if there is a return policy on the ac adapter if you buy one, just in case it doesn't fix your problem. nothing would bite more than to spen 50 bucks or so on the part and still ave a problem.
    http://chuck.intercite.net/pix/kohei.jpg
    -={Ignorance is bliss...}=-

I do agree with jenjen though.

Soldering a wire is far different from soldering a part on a board. All you do is twist the wires together drip some solder on there and use electrical tape to enclose it.
    =