Thread: batch tactic?!!

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar

Smile batch tactic?!!

In High School we have a novell network! A crapy one at that! They even let you use the admin. tools. I was able to close my friends g drive(the preassigned drive they let us use)! And password security is at a null! You can guess about half of them and the other ones you don't know you can look in the .pwl files! Now lately I have been playing around with batch programing! Oldschool I know but I found a weakness! I guess... I made a batch file and programmed it to open different programs( like ms-dos, explorer, etc!). Now I can surf the web, make files, etc! Of course you can figure out the rest! Without signing on!!!! I know you need a account first but like I told before you can guess about half of the school! Now is this the fault of my school's stupid admins or novells? both maybe! I guess noone cares about internal security!

closed

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Uh no. I get to say closed. That's why I have that fancy little title..

kurt_der_koenig, as interesting as all that is, what you have and/or may be doing is a tad unethical, possibly illegal and I'd hazard to guess, definately against your school's policy. Regardless of their security "level", it doesn't mean you should necessarily break in. I'd humbly suggest you stop the path you're going down and look towards more useful activities, like how to secure things rather than break them.

Food for thought. As a reminder, the front page -- when you log in -- does highlight some do's and don'ts around here. I hope it helps.

What AntiOnline IS:

AO is a worldwide community of security, network and computer professionals, students and keen amateurs who come here to learn the principles and details of computer/network security.

AO is a place where the community share their knowledge to help the others learn and where people assist each other with identifying and mitigating security issues as they pertain to the many real life situations faced by us all.

What AntiOnline is NOT:

AO is not a place where the community's knowledge is used or passed on to others in order to carry out illegal or immoral acts.

AO is not a place where you should be asking how to exploit/damage/attack any system that you do not own nor have the explicit permission of the legal owner.

What can you expect from AntiOnline:

You can expect to be treated in the same way you treat the AO community.

If you understand what AO is and is not, you can expect to be helped and to help others learn the art of computer/network security.

If you request information in a way that implies your intent is illegal or immoral you will receive a rapid response from the community that may ban you from continued participation.

Please feel free to look around but before you post a message please read the FAQ carefully. Many subjects have been covered on AO in it's years of operation and most of the discussions are still relevant today so please search before you ask.

Welcome again to AO and we hope your stay here is as fun for you as it is for our numerous members.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage