Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZOmbies

ZOmbies

how do people use get them
    like do they use vul scanners or wad?
    i dun understand the concept some1 explain to me plz

Usually its done with a trojan or virus- a zombie issue is kinda like this:

First a person opens the trojan/virus, then that computer is a "zombie" to anybody with the client/scripts/etc.. Then the computer would do something to get commands (like connect to a irc channel..). Then the master would give them commands, like dos a computer. Then each computer sends packets to the server that the master pointed to, like the ping command.

If you want to read more about zombies, heres Gibson's experience with zombies attacking his server-
    http://grc.com/dos/grcdos.htm

Well, a person with malicous intentions scans for example a range of IP adresses for a certain vulnerability and then also auto-exploits them. Thus a "server part" is put on all the vulnerable computers (the hole allows him to do so). When he has gained control over many computers the attacker connects to all of them with the client part of the Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) tool and makes all those computers send for example data to one specified host (high profile site for example like yahoo or hotmail) which thus crashes it.
    (Example: mafiaboy)

EDIT: Damn FatPhantom, you beat me on the typing
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

Perhaps because they were easier to control and kill, zombies never acquired the cachet of their undead cousins, the vampires. This phenomenon extended to science: zombie research was considered a less glamorous field and consistently lagged behind vampire research in funding. Since development of the vaccine in 1911, the zombie threat has been greatly reduced. However, this should not make us complacent. Most experts believe that in today's world, a zombie outbreak is far more likely than a vampire outbreak.

The Virus
    Zombie plague spreaders:

the Norway Rat and the tick (inset)

The zombie virus comes from the same Mononegavirales family as the Human Vampiric Virus. The virus is propagated mainly through ticks of the family Ixodidae. The prevalence of these ticks in tropical climes is the main reason for the large number of outbreaks in those regions. The nature of the spread of zombie plagues generally depended on the place of origin. Most urban plagues were spread by aggressive rats that had been bitten by an infected tick. In the country, the tick would bite humans directly, or pass the virus through mice, raccoons and other animals.

As was the case with vampirism, humans infected with the virus would pass it from their saliva into the bloodstream of another through the bite.

Stages of the Disease

The stages of zombie transformation are the same that occur in vampires, with two major differences: in zombies, the onset of symptoms and transformation occurs much faster and has no relation to the cycles of day and night.

Stage One: Infection. Symptoms of zombie infection appear quickly: within one or two hours, the victim will develop a headache, fever, chills and other flu-like symptoms. Zombie infections last about half as long as their vampiric counterparts, mostly between three and six hours, during which the vaccine is 100 percent effective.

A zombie-bite victim under quarantine in Panama, 1905

Stage Two: Coma. Zombie comas are considerably more brief than vampiric comas. While physiological changes-slow pulse, shallow breathing-are similar, the coma lasts only between four and six hours. Only the very young and very old do not survive zombie comas. Zombies have been found as young as five years old and as old as 90. As with vampires, the vaccine is 50 percent effective when administered during Stage Two of the infection: the longer the victim has been in the coma, the less effective the vaccine.

Stage Three: Transformation. Zombies awaken from their comas in a catatonic state. They are unresponsive to most stimuli as they shuffle about, trying to locate their prey. Unlike vampires, there is no acclimation period; a zombie will begin hunting immediately upon transformation.

Hope that helped somewhat. [source: http://www.fvza.org/zscience1.html ]

Lmao, pooh sun tzu, he is talking about zombie-computers :P
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

within one or two hours, the victim will develop a headache, fever, chills and other flu-like symptoms. Zombie infections last about half as long as their vampiric counterparts, mostly between three and six hours, during which the vaccine is 100 percent effective.
    Zombie vaccine? Lmfao

http://www.xombified.com/

Vampires:

how do people use get these onez???
    like do they use scanners and stuff?!?
    i don't get this at all, some1 explain to me plz!
    \"What is is not, what is not is - - if this is not yet clear to you, you\'re still far from the truth.\"

How Vampires can use technology:

It really is a simple matter of physics and what their natural body can do.

Brain/Nervous System
    A vampire's nervous system is similar to humans and has proven to be their "achilles heel." Injuries to the spinal cord and brain can devastating for vampires. While a vampire's spinal cord and nerves work as before transformation, a number of changes take place in the brain, and that altered brain chemistry goes a long way toward understanding vampire behavior.

Normal brain shows serotonin activity; vampire brain shows none

1. serotonin: vampires have much lower levels of this neurotransmitter. In humans, low levels of serotonin trigger aggression and risky behavior. A study of murderers on death row revealed low levels of serotonin in their brains.
    2. dopamine: another neurotransmitter, dopamine induces feelings of well-being. In vampires, it is released during feeding and has a narcotic-like effect. Neural pathways activated in vampires during feeding are much like those found in addicts when using drugs.
    3. circadian rhythms chemical changes in the brain that help us "rise and shine" with the morning light are reversed in vampires.

Sense Organs
    Powerful sense organs gave vampires an advantage both in hunting and eluding capture. Sneaking up on them virtually impossible, as they are aware of your presence long before you are aware of theirs.

Normal eye ; Vampire eye

1. sight: in vampires, the iris in each eye becomes hyperdilated, giving them what appear to be black eyes. While this iris dilation gives vampires excellent night vision, it renders them effectively blind in daylight. In addition, vampires suffer inflammation of the sclera, making the whites of their eyes appear red.
    2. smell/hearing: both senses are extremely acute, as vampires have double the receptor cells in their noses and ears compared to humans. In fact, vampires usually smell or hear a person coming long before they see one.

Hair, skin, teeth, fingernails
    Part of the terror of encountering a vampire stems from dramatic changes to their outer appearance. Some of these changes are functional, while others remain a mystery.

The upper (l) and lower (r) eyeteeth
    experience rapid growth
    1. Teeth: during vampiric coma, the upper and lower eyeteeth experience growth. Additional enamel is deposited on the crown of the tooth. Vampires will file the teeth to make them sharper for easier feeding.
    2. Hair: vampires lose all their bodily hair within ten years of transformation (except for the tiny hairs in their ears, known as cilia).
    3. Skin: a newly-transformed vampire has a sickly, pale yellow skin tone that turns to blue over the next few days. In time, the skin becomes more and more translucent, and a fine network of veins become visible under the skin.
    4. Fingernails: vampire fingernails thicken and grow at a rapid rate. Vampires will file their nails to a point, which helps them in grabbing victims.

Circulatory System
    The most profound differences between humans and vampires are found in the circulatory system. These differences enable vampires to survive massive trauma that would kill a human being.

1. Blood: vampire blood is called ichor (pr. ik-er). Modifications to hemoglobin in the blood cells makes vampire blood appear black.
    2. the Heart: vampire blood is pumped via the contraction of skeletal muscle rather than the heart, which eventually atrophies from disuse.
    3. adrenaline: this "emergency hormone," which normally kicks in during "fight or flight" situations, is found in consistently large amounts in vampire blood. The presence of adrenaline, along with changes in muscle, bone and connective tissue, account for vampire's extraordinary strength, speed and aggressiveness.

Seen through night vision, a vampire attacks its prey Body Temperature. A vampire's core body temperature is only about 60 degrees, compared to over 98 degrees for humans. This marked difference proved to be a great help for modern vampire fighters, as it made vampires easily distinguishable from humans when viewed through heat-sensitive infrared imagery (note the difference between the vampire and human in the picture at right).

Muscular/Skeletal System
    Adaptations in their skeletal and muscular systems give vampires significant advantages over humans.

1. Muscles/Connective Tissue: about 90% of vampire muscles are of the fast-twitch variety (compared to 50% for the average human). Fast-twitch muscles enable short bursts of maximal force, ideal when hunting prey. Also, vampire ligaments and tendons thicken in response to the workload imposed upon them by the muscles.
    2. Skeletal system: vampire bones thicken, an adaptation necessary to support their newly-powerful muscles.

Hope that helped? [source : http://www.fvza.org/science2.html ]

OK............a simplistic view (not that I am capable of any other )

A "zombie" is a computer that someone owns but has been "possessed" by malware such that it can be controlled remotely by someone else, with "less than honourable intentions".

Typical methodology is to insert a "backdoor" onto the system by:

1. Physical access (before you say anything, think about the dodgy cleaner or security guard on a site with 1,000+ boxes?)
    2. A trojan sent via e-mail that the "victim" opens and executes.
    3. A "network aware" worm
    4. Port scanning for vulnerable machines, determining what processes/services are using the open ports and exploiting a vulnerability in that process/service.

The "zombie master" (Doc Samedi) then accesses the machine, or, the machine phones home on a pre-arranged basis, when the zombie master will "tend" them (upload new software & give instructions).

Hope that helps?

By the way, pooh sun tzu and I are working on a new tutorial:

"Obsolescence of the firewall: how to protect your PC by the carefully crafted deployment of Claymore mines".................we are having a little difficulty in finding beta testers...........

Cheers

Yes. Claymore mines, that's it.

< psuedoterroristmode >
    Oh, I need to talk to you about our newest mine shipment coming in. Looks like the Coast Guard foun... oh wait. We shouldn't discuss this here. I'll send you a letter on camelback.
    < /psuedoterroristmode >