I was chatting with some kid I met through a mutual friend about hacking and it was clear he knew way more about it all than I did. I asked him if he had any files or anything that would help me or anything. Something easy and light, because I unfortunately don't have much time to dedicate to the craft, but it still interests me. I was perusing his ftp site he gave me
(24.220.237.221 user: krelic pw: password [or he said the user: anonymous would work without any password]). and I didn't really find anything and it looked like he was hosting a website there with a lot of forum code (nuke or something). While I was looking about for these "files" he was talking about I got an alert from my antivirus saying that I was attacked by his IP address with a Ripper trojan (or something). So I called him on it and asked if he was really gonna help me or not, and he put some actual files on there that actually looked pretty helpful. Then as I was trying to upload files to my angelfire website (to update it so people back home [I'm currently deployed] can see what's going on...) I keep getting denied because my computer is attacking angelfire's IP with a phf-cgi attack. I deleted all the files I got from him (two zip files I never opened, and a .chm help file that I did look through) and it hasn't solved the problem. I restarted my computer and am able to upload files for about 5 min before my computer starts attacking on it's own again. I've looked it all up Symantec and read all about it all over, but all it does is tell me what it is and not how to stop it. Can it be stopped? I know that people just coming straight here to get help annoys a lot of the elders of the community here, but I really did look all I could else where and turn to you. I even tried the hack3rs.com IRC channel but they didn't help. I really need to fix this by the end of the weekend because I'm going to be unable to get this stuff up for the next month if I can't finish it. Any help that anyone can give is much appreciated.