Thread: For Linux Experts......only

For Linux Experts......only

Hello, I installed Synaptic 0.47 and its run well 2 days, on 3rd day is not running. I tryed from prompt, the following error is comming. Error is " Segmentation fault ". What I have to do now

a) If I try to re-install rpm package the message appear "All ready installed"
    b) How can I uninstall any package in Linux (Fedora Core 1 I am using now)
    c) I installed mplayer through Synaptic and it is running DVDs but without voice. But when I am playing AudioCD with CD Player or Audio Player so its running with Voice, and DVDs or CDs through mplayer without Voice. This is result of lsmod command...

Module.............Size........Used by.....Not tainted
    i810_audio......27752......1
    ac97_codec....17192......0................[i810_audio]
    ac97.................5088.........0...............(unused)
    soundcore.......6468........3................[i810_audio audio]
    input................ 5888.........0...............(autoclean) [joydev keybdev hid mousedev]

I need your help/experiance..............Thanks for replying

Note: I am using dots to set values on correct position
    Hello Dear..

from the man page (man rpm <enter>):

Code:
      ERASE OPTIONS
           The general form of an rpm erase command is

rpm  {-e|--erase}  [--allmatches] [--nodeps] [--noscripts]
           [--notriggers] [--repackage] [--test] PACKAGE_NAME ...
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Concerning synaptic, the first thing I would do is try to run apt-get from the command line, since synaptic is a gui for apt-get. If it works from the cli, then you know the problem lies with synaptic. If not, then the problem lies with synaptic. Post any output you get here.

Also, you might try changing your sources, as a quick G4L search seems to indicate some people getting a seg fault with bad sources.

Lastly, as far as your sound, mplayer has a setting in the preferneces concerning what sound modules/output to use, IIRC. Check that and set it to use what you need according to your hardware. (What is your sound card?)