Thread: Careers in Computer Forensics

Careers in Computer Forensics

Hi guys, I am from the UK and am really interested in possible job oppertunities in this type of field. I have searched google etc and all i can find are either US jobs, or in the UK searches not very much. My question is basically is anyone from the UK, or work with companies in the UK who work in this area? I am just finishing my degree this year, in law, next yr I am doing a masters degree course in computer science, so any type of graduate oppertunities would be good. Can anyone help?

Andrew

interisting

sounds cool can you please tell me more on it

Many of the large consulting companies have, at least small, forensic departments in the Risk Advisory services, so check out PWC, Ernst and Young, KPMG and D&T (the big 4) and also ISS, TruSecure etc.. true you will spend your initial time doing some rather grunt like work, but hopefully it will pick up.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Check out the book: Incident Response, Investigating Computer Crime, by Mandia Prosise. It's an excellent read, and it gives you a first hand experience of what the average Forensics expert does on a routine basis.

--PuRe
    Like this post? Visit PuRe\'s Information Technology Community. We\'ve also got some kick ass Technology Forums. Shop for books and dvds on LiveWebShop.com

You mean Kevin Mandia and Chris Prosise, by any chance?

O.K not to use irony here but you want a career in forensics on computers and you can't track down the info on your own ??

Ringing any bells in your ears.

Task1 : Track down using google
    Task2 : Read AO links

Originally posted here by groovicus
    You mean Kevin Mandia and Chris Prosise, by any chance?
    Exactly. Those are the guys. Sorry about that. Have you read the book also?

--PuRe
    Like this post? Visit PuRe\'s Information Technology Community. We\'ve also got some kick ass Technology Forums. Shop for books and dvds on LiveWebShop.com

My uni's library's got it, and I'm on my way to take it out now...

Thanks guys!

BTW, do you reckon AO should have a reading list? It could prove to be of great interest, especially for those who might like smth a bit more formal
    -Friends come and go. Enemies accumulate-