Both IP's are signed up! No more room left for others! All accounts of verifying it is my IP have been processed (to the point of tinfoil hat verifications), and it is a go. Thanks guys!

Box information

Windows XP Pro SP1 with latest patches
400MB RAM
Pentium III 800mhz Processor
3rd party firewall instead of built in ICF firewall so I can monitor logs.

Note: After this case-study is COMPLETE, I will be conducting another case study using nothing but Windows XP Pro SP2 with latest patches. No 3rd party firewall involved. More details on that later. This way not only can we prove that a good admin can lock up XP tight as a drum, but that the newer default installs of XP with SP2, without 3rd party software, and in the hands of a good admin.. are still going to be tight as a drum.

Greetings,

Recently there have been topics of conversation in regards to the security of Windows, and in particular, Windows XP. I would like to settle this in a proof-of-concept case study. I have an XP box sitting right here. Now, I have gone through the measures of securing it, protecting it, and safeguarding it to my finest degree.

I want it cracked. I want it wide open and hacked. Now mind you this isn't a free for all, but a very serious and monitored case study. Logs will be kept, a whitepaper of your activity is required, and most importantly... you need to ask permission. I will only be allowing two people at a time, and will only disclose the IP of that box via PM (or AIM) to people that I feel qualify as mature and responcible individuals. If you are interested in participating, please respond here with a way for me to contact you, or contact me yourself via PM (or AIM). I do have permission from my ISP, but they are keeping a safe eye on it. If more than two people try to attack (that is saying, one of the two people I am allowing gives it to one of their friends) then that third IP will be logged and considered an illegal and unauthorized attempt of network penetration.

This means if I give you permission after you ask me, keep it to yourself. This is not a game, but a true case study, which I can not stress enough.

regards,
Pooh Sun Tzu