Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ev1Servers.net cripples under SCO pressure

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man

Ev1Servers.net cripples under SCO pressure

After many many weeks of legal battles. They ****ing did it. I cant belive this. We ****ing sold out. Tell me what you guys think.. the veiws expressed by ev1 does not represent the veiws of mine. And Vice Versa.

http://news.com.com/2100-7344_3-5167308.html

EV1Servers.net, a Houston-based company that hosts Web sites for clients and a division of Everyones Internet, signed a deal with SCO for running thousands of Linux servers without facing legal consequences from SCO. EV1Servers.net didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

Simple to me................you need a new host.......do tell them why they lost the business though

SCO are going to go down the tubes anyway?..........death throes of a dinosaur IMHO.............and they used to send me "freebies"..........

OH well?

Until SCO wins a lawsuit, I do not see how they can enforce such a thing.

SCO has and always will suck serious donkey balls.

To all companies scared of SCO's lash:

Do not worry. SCO is a sinking ship and does not have a leg to stand on. Use it, love it.

SCO:

Thats just sad...

You know after SCO looses their legal battle vs linux they will be tried for extortion and racketeering too.

Who here thinks that anyone that paid up to SCO will get their money back?

Not I!!!!

Isn't what they are doing illegal?! They have yet to prove that it is really their software!
    This whole thing is a mess....
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Banned
    Tomorrow, SCO will announce the name of the company that will be the target of their first big lawsuit. I posted a while ago that that company would probably be Google, but SCO's McBride has said that the targeted company is not a technology-company...

By now, many of you have heard of oru agreement with SCO. What you have probably heard, though, is misinformation about the arrangement.

We license Linux through Red Hat. They provide our distribution and support/updates for the Enterprise distribution. Plus, they do an awesome job at delivering. Their support and dedication is second to none. Our agreement with SCO is in no way any kind of indictment on Red Hat.

We did not license a linux distribution or any software covered by a referenced EULA from SCO. We did, however, license certain IP from SCO.
    http://forum.ev1servers.net/showthre...5&pagenumber=1

Also, don't forget to read on to see what their customers think of this decision! ROFL

Tomorrow, SCO will announce the name of the company that will be the target of their first big lawsuit. I posted a while ago that that company would probably be Google, but SCO's McBride has said that the targeted company is not a technology-company...
    Maybe they'll follow in the footsteps of the RIAA?

If I may quote a slashtdot post....

Its Irving Tonks, a 16 year old high school student in North Dakota. He downloaded Linux off the net and he is currently using it to write code for a class project in perl on a PentiumPro machine his Dad gave him from work.

Things could be grim in the Tonks household - after Dad lost his job and mum died of cancer they have been living off Gran's social security. It is not clear that they can afford the billion dollars SCO is claiming in damages.
    http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?s...22&mode=thread

Wouldn't surprise me...
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Banned
    If I'm correct, SCO has a list of 1,500 companies they're going to target. The first one will be revealed tomorrow, the second one will follow soon... I don't think they want to unleash an RIAA-like "war" on home users.

/Me

Writing shooting script for B/C movie........

Bad guys run company......................company gets in trouble............bad guys start to "look after their interests"

Anonymous call to IRS?

/end

I wonder just how many of their executives could handle an IRS audit right now

just a thought

Anyone notice that they are filing this one day before their quartly earnings come out?

Hmmm....

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    So, after reading "HeadSurfer"s reasoning behind the "payment". (I swear this is extortion) SCO is in a position where it claims it owns part of the *nix kernel, which part has yet to be shown. (God, this has to be a bluff) But, even being involved in such a lawsuit, would cost Ev1 Servers millions of dollars that could all be avoided by paying them off. Does anyone else get the feeling like SCO is nothing but a bunch of mobsters, or terrorists. I think standing and fighting SCO wasnt his problem, making sure his customers servers stayed online was. So from that point of view, it doesnt look that bad.
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2