Thread: How to install windows 2003 Server?!!!

How to install windows 2003 Server?!!!

Hi there ppl!!

A friend of mine just gave me a CD with the trial version of Windows 2003 Server!
    Has i´m going to re-install my XP Pro, i figured out "why not try win 2003?", well, i really whanted to install this, but i made a few research and i found that my bios and CD-Rom dont support "direct boot" from a CD.
    I have to install XP Pro by floopy.. and i can´t find anything on the net about Windows 2003 boot disks ( maby i´m looking on the rong places or..it doesn´t exist )..i dont know

I have this questions:

- Can i make a boot disk of windows 2003 ? if so, how?..

- Can i install windows 2003 over XP Pro like an Update ( i read something about that, and it said i can´t.. )?

Well, these are my doubts..if anyone could help
    Owmen

Banned
    Well. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...003+boot+disks and NO i dont think you can "Update" XP to a server OS. Can't you make a dos bookt disk and enter the CD via the command line ?

Yeah that should work memory. Just create a statup disk from windows 98 or something and let computer boot from that to the c prompt. From there go to your cd drive and you should be able to install.

Another option would be a network install. You might do some searching on that and see what you come up with. I have a windows server 2003 administrators handbook so I'll look through it and see what I find but you might find something quicker via google.
    =

AntiOnline n00b
    hi Owmen
    i think Windows 98 Bootable is the best option for you. in DOS bootable you would have to install the CD-Rom driver to access the CD-Rom. Windows98 bootable comes with CD Rom support. it's small takes only a single floppy. you will just have to select "boot with CD Rom Support" and then from the dos prompt you can install the WIN 2003 Server.

Thanks ppl

I made a 98 boot disk and managed to install windows without probs!
    I know that this is a trial version of it, but so far is really pretty good , i know has well that there are a few ways to make it "Full version" with SP support, but i wont ask here how and were can i find/make that!

By the away, this is just a mere curiosity question, what is the best Linux version for Web Servers?
    I have just 2 PC´s, and one is my dad´s, so..i dont have much "going" for trying things here..experiments lol!

Once again thanks
    Owmen