Thread: Pop-ups?

Banned

Pop-ups?

I allowed pop-ups from AO. because when i get a New Private message, it asks me if i want ti to open in a new windows, i always say Yes, so i enabled pop-ups. bu today, pop-ups with Legal Marijuana started popping up, and some with "Buy Headhpones". and Misc, Stuff. Is this really from AO or do i have some spyware. I scanned with Ad-aware, it only found some tracking cookies. Im gonna have to do a scan with C&D and see what i got.

now that i couldnt tell ya cause i dont even allow scripts to run but i would be unhappily supprised if that were the case although they are using double-click now. but you can see if you have a message on the main page. convenience is the scum lords workshop
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Its not exactly what you are talking about but I just wanted to say that I downloaded BFilter from
    sourceforge.com and I love it. Removes adds and popups and it dosent seem to slow down connection at all. Only thing I dont like is that it removes some of the graphic refferals to other sites, i dont really mind those to much, found some good sites that way.
    Violence breeds violence
    we need a world court
    not a republican with his hands covered in oil and military hardware lecturing us on world security!

Hi MemorY,

Sorry to say it mate but it sounds like you have some "extra baggage". You may not find anything if they are those IM type pop-up adverts? but I should be getting them as well, and I am not.

I have a pop-up stopper, but have had no warnings about AO (it flashes a symbol)................I keep forgetting to press <ctrl> when I want a pop-up though

Conventional pop-up stoppers won't stop IM pop-ups anyway, but it sounds like you have picked up some "conventional" adware to me.

Good luck

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    I'd have to agree with Nihil on this one. I'd bet this is more of a messenger popup of some type. Plus I'd be quite surprised of JUPM would allow "legal Marijuana" as an ad.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

I would have to agree with the crew, I have the same settings as Memory and I have not seen any of the advertisements he is mentioning. I will let you know if anything changes.

We don't send pop-ups. A user from another of our sites voiced a similar complaint recently and that was the answer they got from our ad department, so it sounds like spy/ad ware to me.

- h
    I'm not mean. You're just a sissy.