Thread: VB6 Add-Ins

VB6 Add-Ins

I was wondering if someone can explain to me how to install and add-in for VB6. The situation is I needed to use the error function (ERF()) in a program and fortunately it exists already in the MSDN libraries as I found out in microsoft.com. Problems are 1) I dont know where to find the infamous ToolPak they tell me to install and 2)Where I guess if I can find it I could figure out how to install it but anyways thats problem number 2, installing it jeje. Point is Im kinda lost here any help would be appreciated very very much.
    I Speak in frequencies even dogs have trouble hearing

Hey Hey,

As far as I can tell from reading that page.. ERF is a function for VBA programming in office, it makes no mention of it's usage in actual VB6, however I didn't look all that much.

I'm refering to this page http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...html/SEB98.asp

For information on making the ERF function available by adding in the ATP (Analysis Tool Pak) visit this page - http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ATP.htm

It tells how to make use of it in Excel and also using VBA.

Peace,
    HT

Hi Q,

Two questions:

1. What operating system?
    2. What application is the program in?

I am guessing that what you are looking for might be on one of your CDs, but it won't be obvious..........Bill likes to set us these little problems

Cheers

Thanks for the link, problem is when i look in the VBA project references the only type of files i can refer to are .olb, .tlb, .dll., .exe, .ocx but nowhere to be found is a .xls.
    I Speak in frequencies even dogs have trouble hearing

Okay after some research and a lot of stupidity by myself Ive reached this question, is there a way to use a function that is defined for microsoft excel(ie its in its libray, specifically the analysis toolpack ) and which I can use in the VB editor for Excel to interact with a project im coding in VB6?? If I can how??