Thread: Making a cluster with RedHat and MOSIX

Making a cluster with RedHat and MOSIX

Ive been thinking of setting up a cluster computer. Using 4 or so Machines connected via Ethernet. All running RedHat and MOSIX (Multi-computer Operating System for unIX) Any one ever do something like this? Can I run programs normally from the main console and it will use the processing power of all the machines? Is clustering machines considered obsolete?

not personaly.. Had dreamed about the idea.. I think a minimum of 5 systems is required..

other will know more.. in the mean time.. direct your Googles at "BeoWulf Cluster"

Happy reading..
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Antionline Herpetologist
    Try contacting the_JinX. He's done that before.

Cheers,
    cgkanchi
    Buy the Snakes of India book, support research and education (sorry the website has been discontinued)
    My blog: http://biology000.blogspot.com

Ive herd with a BeoWulf cluster you have to do alot of C\C++ scripting for it. I've come to understand that Mozix is just like a kernel patch of sorts. Ive herd that ClusterKNOPPIX is also good clustering software because if uses Mozix aswell as auto-discovery tools for making the process of adding more nodes much simpler. I'm pretty sure I read that it uses A live CD esk distro aproch for the nodes.... I could be horribly wrong on this one but its worth looking into. Hope that helps a little.
    The internet, not just for stalkers and pervs, but for computer geeks too!