Thread: Reporting Problems

Reporting Problems

long boring post - skip to next bold bit for main question Ok have just switched jobs - look in addicts for full explination
    but after arriving at new place have discovered major flaw with network/dialler/database

ok here's how it breaks down :::

we have a flexibile number of workstations (looking at 65 when floor full) each workstation connects to their campaign thro the dialler - all their stats are then recorded so we know who is doing what and when.

This is not a problem to do in real time thro the dialer but apparantly for last 3yrs (length of time dialler has been in place) they have been scratching their heads as to how to review archived stats

eg give a comparison between agents stats for one week against another etc After looking at the system I have figured out that yes the stats are recorded, and have been recorded since start of project

but heres the tricky part - although I have worked out the refrencing I have no way of viewing the database files as they seem to be specific to a certain piece of software....produced by the dialer makers Sytelco.

So here's how it breaks down

Stats recorded by Sytelcos software - Softdial Plugin 7
    Software needed to view stats is Softdial Reporter

the reason the company does not have softdial Reporter is it was only in development stages when they purchased dialler.

Now they have just bought Crystal Reporter 9 thinking it could work with anything but it doesn't seem so - but after researching it I have found out that it is expandable to read other database types but needs additional .dll's

the big question......

has anyone got Crystal Reports to work with softdial plugin 7?

I have emailed both companies but thought would ask here as well

thanks

v_Ln

Beeen a couple of years but I always found crystal reports pretty flexible.

Question is what is the file type, record types and layout of your target files?

Cheers

Try using rpt inspector instead of softdial.

http://www.recrystallize.com/merchan...p_1_00_309.exe

Use the following Install Key to activate the trial version after installation.

RC00 - HKCK - XN8M - LJCE - SXL0

Regal Making Handler
    And i spend ages looking for crack, seriels and warez. **** i could just come here.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

....? And how are you finding cracks/warez/appz/serialz here? ask someone for cracks in here and you'll be banned faster than you can say "huh?"

using crack, seriels and warez

nihil - yeah crystal reports does seem to be very flexible - main problem is softdial is recording the stats as flat files with no extension

the server itself is also recording to an ODBC database though so have managed to plug Crystal into that - there is 2 seperate databases used for different types of entries so it means some choping & changing between them for a full report but is holding up fine atm

should work out ok once I learn more about Crystal - my first time playing with it was yesterday and I already managed to get reports that no one else had in 3 yrs

hence why am now new reporting manager! w00t

v_Ln

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    And i spend ages looking for crack, seriels and warez. **** i could just come here.
    Actually, the information that Cybr1d had posted can be found here: http://www.recrystallize.com/merchan...tinspector.htm . So it's not a "crack" but rather public information.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Regal Making Handler
    My mistake jinxy>eats humble pie
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry