Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beagle-K...

Originally posted here by thehorse13
    These shots you are seeing fired are nothing compared to what is coming down the line. Most of these viruses (according to my underground sources) are nothing more than fact finding viruses. Some are being respun by kiddies but there is a much higher purpose to this than just pissing off admins and security folks.

These viruses are all part of the plan to see how fast a virus/worm/trojan can spread across the internet. The idea is to get the time down below 15 minutes because this is the timeframe that virus coders have determined as the fastest amount of time that an enterprise can respond to an attack.

And for the grand finale, get ready for the polymorphic virus. Yes, this is a theory at the moment but some of my industry insiders have told me that two major AV companies have already begun development (and have beta code already) to combat this not too distant threat.

To sum it up, if you think you're in pain now, just wait about 6 months to a year.

Remember where you heard this first.

The digital pearl harbor?!

Well, just make sure that you have the quicklink to turn off the internet bookmarked.

First one to turn it off will be a hero!

http://www.turnofftheinternet.com/ (be sure to disable popup blockers)
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Phish:

Gee.... thanks..... I had to restart my computer to get rid of that......

Hoss:

Yes, I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance...
    I'm sure you are well aware of what peice of a Horse's anatomy best describes you.....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Originally posted here by Tiger Shark
    Phish:

Gee.... thanks..... I had to restart my computer to get rid of that......

Nah. alt-f4 will close it. Or, ctrl alt del, and end task on that window.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

That was a joke you wally...... Hence the "" after it.....<sigh>
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

<homer> Doh! </homer>

Its that time of the day again... and to think I get to go sit in a lab and listen to a lecture for another 5 hrs... wanna go for me? You get to play with <Dr. Evil> "freakin laser beams!" </Dr. Evil> no sharks though...

Phish: Sorry man..... While it sounds absolutely scintillating there is a cold one with my name scribbled all over it awaiting me at my local...... And I can't wait to see it.... Maybe some other time.....