Thread: Share-A-Book

Share-A-Book

I don't know about the rest of you, but most of the tech books I read go through one or two readings and then I give them away. I used to think it was cool to keep them around, but I realize some people can't afford to drop $200.00 a week on books, so I was wondering if we could put a little book share together on AntiOnline.

Maybe have a request a book and it says who has it and whether or not it is available and as far as shipping goes, the only cost to us is to ship it to the next person.

I know it may get hard to follow and a lot of books may get lost, but I know I would be willing to give up a couple books to give it a try.

(This could also be a special feature, you must be a member for X long or have an AP rating of).

I have a Sam's Teach Yourself C++ in 21 Days book, which is in excellent condition and was a killer resource. I also have Sam's Teach Yourself Game Programming with DirectX avalaible. As much as I need the money, I can stand passing them on to another person who may need them.

I would be interested in Reading the Teach yourself C++ in 21 days.

I have C++ For Dummies, The C++ Programming Language, and The Complete Reference Visual C++. Along with the complete Windows 2000 Server Package, NT 4 Server Package, A+ Exam Cram, CISSP Books, Visual Basic Books, and some books for Computer Forensics.

So... now what?

well, this wasn't a thread to start, it was a suggestion, but if you would like to lend it to me. I would give you my mailing address and you would lend it to me. If someone else had requested it, you would let me know and when I was done I would mail it to them (or back to you).

I *really* don't have the money right now to even worry about shipping. Perhaps in a few weeks from now we can discuss this further

Does anyone else have any opinions on the type of function?