Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IP Address Question?

IP Address Question?

Hey Guys how are you doing?
    I'm new and this is my first Post! .. What I'd like to know is: Can I stop ppl From reading my IP address? cause right now there's one guy! that I know of that I think might want to get into my Computer? I've got Win XP Home, and I've got zone alarm PRO! but,I got it off KazaA . so I'm not sure if it's as good, or if it has some holes in it? is there a test I can make to see if I'm protected? or is there a program that allows my Computer to randomly change the IP Address for me? I've got internet Via Cable! so I'm alway on?
    alright! don't want to ask too much in my first post! .
    Thanks!

What are you using that makes your IP address available? Do you have Password protected accounts on Windows XP? Why are you using pirated software, there are free versions out there. I would trust free over pirated anytime.

Thanks For the Reply Info Tech Geek!
    So you think I should get rid of the zone alarm pro I got on KazaA? that's what I'll do then! I'll get the free version!or is there anything better out there that is free?

And for myIP address! I'm not sure?I've got my account password protect but? I've just been on http://www.stayinvisible.com and they didn't have any problem telling me all sort of information?.. How could I stop that from happening?. is there a way?,a program? I'd really like to know how to stop someone from seeing all that info?

So if you can tell me what I should be using to prevent ppl from seeing all that info! or tell me where to go to get an answer to that? I've been looking on the net for the last week and? pffff!! well! I'm here now! so I think that this site is the best chance for me to get answers to what I'm looking For!! ..

Sites can setup scripts to do such and there are many other ways a user can find out. As for a firewall, I have a hardware firewall and as a software based I use Agnitum Outpost.

If you insist on using pirated software, which most individuals here frown upon. Atleast get a legit download and use another individuals registration number. These can easily be found by doing a search on google/yahoo or any other search engine.

*Note, I in no way/shape/form condone pirated software, but if a user is going to do it, they are going to do it no matter what I say.

You could use a proxy, but you cannot really change your IP or keep people from accessing it, through kazaa downloads especially. Zone alarm is a good start, and once you have that running you should be solid. Also, you might want to invest in a good router and/or turn on Microsoft's built in internet firewall.

Btw, why do you think a specific person is trying to mess with you?

Thanks alot Guys! ..
    Hey I have a router?but about that zone alarm I got! do you think I should turn on windowsXP's internet Firewall as well as the Zone alarm? or do i have to turn one off?
    And about that guy well!! he doesn't like me and In don't like him! and he can't kick my ass so!!..lol he's pretty good with computers and,well one of my friend told me he herd him saying stuff about that so!!! .. that's why I want to protect myself insted of kicking his ass and getting The law involved!!

I dont use either Zone Alarm or MS Firewall since my router's firewall is generally bullet proof. You should be able to run them side by side, and you can lock down Zone Alarm to only let out the programs you OK.

Go for a proxy or use things like www.anonymizer.com... etc... Nothing to do with pirated software. I am sure Kazaa is behind all this... hope it helps... cya

Softwares/products which offers IP address masking such as anonymizer etc.. will slow down your internet connection. (i tried using one of these and it slows down connection speed by as much as 50%).

Hey DigitalReligion!
    How do I know if my router has a firewall in it? sorry but I'm really new at this!.
    it's a D-Link Wireless Broadband Router! and at the front it says: DI-614+ but I don't know if that's enough information?

And about Zone Alarm PRO! how do I do that? do I just put all the security to Max? I've only had it for about a week and I'm not sure how to configure it!! .

I feel kind of stupid but! I've got to start somewhere? .. but to my credit! I'm a fast learner! ..
    Thanks Guys!!