Thread: Remote station(s) managment

Remote station(s) managment

What do people think is the best software for the job?
    requirments :::

1. Allows for remote instalation of software to any given workstation(s) from a central server.
    2. Ability to view current workstation usage (desktop view, running processes etc)
    3. Remote Access/Control
    4. Scheduling of specific tasks to run on workstation(s)

i would prefer something that runs silently in background but not essential

v_Ln

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    That depends on how deep your pockets are. Is this for a small company or for an enterprise?
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Man, horse aint joking bro, some of that software is $3-7,000 and up for the excecutive software. Well, I'm starting to talk about stuff I've never used so, I'll let the Senior Engineers take over, & go back to reading my oreilly camel book.

hiii there
    welll i know this is out of discussion but we r doing a project on exactly the same thing its more a learning project than anything else since we are in lower semesters anyways if someone tell me good links and some good books i will be grateful

thehorse :: quite deep pockets walked into this office and am doing complete revamp
    new dialer, reporting software - just really making it alot more reliable/modern
    am compiling a "wish list" at the moment with what i need to get this place at top spec

so looking for something that will prove to be cost effective in relation to man-hrs
    we have roughly 60 workstations atm with it looking like we are going to be increasing greatly in near future - so need something that can manage alot of stations

at the moment all software etc has to be installed manually on each machine - a pain to say the least >_<;

so if you gimmie a couple of recommendations - maybe a low cost/mid cost/high cost so I can look into them, and see the balance between features/cost

v_Ln

Having just visited the corporate head quarters of an international telemarketing firm, the software they used impressed me.

The one package was called Ship-It which allows the scheduling of remote installs.

I can't quite recall the name of the other package for remote administration and surveillance but i believe the acronym was AMO. Assets Management Options I believe.

Both programs had excellent interfacing and were quite efficient, available from Computer Associates

The company I was at was managing 8000 workstations world wide, from the US to the UK to the Phillipines.

At this one place I did some work for they had fully scripted installs. It must have taken a long time to create but damn was it nice. Other then that I'm no help to this converstation but I'd love to know more about good remote deployment software
    The internet, not just for stalkers and pervs, but for computer geeks too!