Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: are Anonymous Proxies realy private

are Anonymous Proxies realy private

I use proxies to keep my privacy

I heard that If i use only proxeis I am still not protected, is this true.If not please tell me why

well, it depends on what kind of proxies you use, and what your reason is for using them. If you use an encrypted proxy, then even if your traffic is intercepted between your node and the proxy node, your information is secure. this is good if you are trying to obscure your surfing from an office environment or from your local sysadmin or ISP, also from malicious man-in-the-middle snooping. If you are trying to elude law enforcement, for some strange reason, they could always just subpeona the info from the proxy admin. Some proxy admins use a network of encrypted transmitters to obscure your surfing along with all other users, even from them, giving themselves plausible deniability, if the cops show up and say, "tell us who accessed this information on this date" the proxy admin can honestly say "hell if I know". if you are simply trying to obscure your information from the admins of the site you're visiting, usually any proxy will do.
    :q :q! :wq :w :w! :wq! :quit :quit! :help help helpquit quit quithelp :quitplease :quitnow :leave :**** ^X^C ^C ^D ^Z ^Q QUITDAMMIT ^[:wq GCS,M);d@;p;c++;l++;u ++ ;e+ ;m++(---) ;s+/+ ;n- ;h* ;f+(--) ;!g ;w+(-) ;t- ;r+(-) ;y+(**)

An annonymous proxy could be a government computer tracking your surfing habits. Or it could be someone in marketing who wants to see how people surf. You never know when you are using an annonymous proxy.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

types?

What type of proxies should i use

yeap, anonymous proxy are pretty good for privacy at work but for anything more serious u need to be a lot more careful... ie setting up a chain of rotating proxy from different countries.
    the best i've used were in the netherlands
    assembly.... digital dna ?

how do I set up A proxy chain and with what program

u ever use a sniffer, disturb ?. i know this software from my friend at hacker lobby room. i don't know, is it can help u ? but i think, i must try to help u ...(if that help u)

see u !

AntiOnline n00b
    how do I set up A proxy chain and with what program
    Proxies and their ports can be entered into the Proxy settings of the Browser.

For IE 6

• Tools menu.
    • Select Internet Options.
    • Select Connections.
    • Dial-Up settings if using dial-up connection or LAN Settings, if connection is via LAN;
    • Check "Use a proxy server".
    • Enter [proxy] in the "Address" text box. *
    • Enter [port] in the "Port" text box.
    • Press "Apply".
    • Press "OK".

*Enter [proxy] in the "Address" text box.

proxy1:port proxy1:port proxy1 Port: 80

Each proxy is separated by a colon ":" from its port and a "space" from the next proxy. Final proxy is entered without its port and the port number should be entered in "Port Box" next to it.

Address: 196.0.0.10:80 191.0.0.1:80 199.0.0.1 Port: 80

not all proxy servers allow such chaining. Only proxies that allow connect method like FTP proxies or IRC proxies or SSL proxies could be used for chaining

or you can enter the address in the address bar :

http://proxy1:port/http://proxy2:por...nline.com.com/

[Edit]
    u ever use a sniffer, disturb
    did i miss something

snifer

ya I know what a sniffer is but i never used one

distrub,

In reality, as soon as you plug your computer into that phonejack for a dialup connection, or the DSL modem, or router, or however you go online, there is a chance your privacy may be compromised. There is no sure way for us to overcome that, however you can do some things to acquire a reasonable amount of privacy and security. Obviously using a proxy or chaining proxies will somewhat conceal you while you are surfing etc., but once again we leave a trail through those proxies. In most cases as long as you have permission to use those proxies and you are not doing anything illegal, you will probably be left alone and remain somewhat invisible on the web. However, cross the line and their logs will be available for viewing. The next obvious needs you have are: a good firewall, antivirus, spybot/adware detection software, and a trojan detector/remover. Do a search at this site for all the above and you can read some great recommendations on which ones to use. There's also great stuff in the newbie forum here as well. After that you might want to read about PGP. And as always, www.google.com is your friend for searching for knowledge and information. Use the resources available to you and you can feel more secure.

good luck