Thread: Rant

Rant

Ok, that is it, I can't take anymore.

I am sick and tired of hearing people that know 2 shits about Computers, proclaim that they are hackers.

1. This guy that I work with, I swear my dog knows, more about Computers then this guy. (I don't have a dog.) He said he was a hacker, so that was the first warning that he was a retard. He was going around telling everyone he was a hacker. //Dumbass
    Then I say, ok if he is a hacker, let's see what the guy knows. So I ask some basic questions, first question was. What languages do you know? Guy replies, I know Linux. Linux??? I say you mean Shell scripting. He replies, what is that. I say ok, maybe Languages aren't his thing. So I ask him, what OS is better. He replies what's and OS. (I actually said OS.) So I say you know what, he probably doesn't know the what that is, so I say. What Operating System. He replies what is that.

At this point, I am just flabbergasted. I don't know what to say. So I say, well maybe he isn't an OS guy. Maybe he is a Pro and is into other things. I ask him what firewall does he use. He gives an honest answer of the Windows firewall. I say ok, well what did you think about the MSblaster. He replies that he is still getting hit by it. So I ask him, did he actually turn on his Windows firewall he says NO. Then I ask him, did he download the patch he says, NO.

Now right now, I am thinking either this guy, is a total retard or this guy, is playing me for a fool. I pray it is the second of the 2 but, when I went to his apartment and chilled with him one day, it didn't look like that.

The other thing I am bitching about, are people that want to get Computer Certifications, for no other reason then the job that it brings. They care nothing about the technology nothing about learning. When will this **** stop. I am seeing to many of these people, and it is really starting to piss me off. I swear I had a system admin once, that his idea of how to protect himself from people was to block everything. When I say everything I mean everything. Only port that was open was 80. I had to get my boss to get him to open up 23 so I could telnet to a server I needed to connect to for work. That and the guy didn't even do back-ups. What is going on in this world. Why is this happening?

Ok, I am done. I just couldn't take those 2 things anymore. I had to say something about it to someone.

Let it all out whiz.

let it all out.

Remember, we are here for you.

Well maybe not all the time but sometimes. lol

Feel better now?
    =