Thread: Which router?

Which router?

Was wondering if anyone could advise me on the best router for broadband as its coming to my area soon?

It will need to have wireless, possibly built in modem and support for many pc's??

I have looked at a Netgear DG834G, does anyone know hoe good this is?

Help is appreciated,

Robert

Hi robert

jim here ... umm i would recommend the Linksys 802.11G router .. it has 4 ports and run fast... i have this on mine and i run 3 computers and a PS2 through it with no slow down at all and its decently priced! you could go with the 802.11B but transfer rates are not as fast... the G supports up to 54 mbps and the b supports 11 Mbps .. your choice its only a money issue between the 2 as they both operate well!
    Im RICK JAMES BITCH!

I would also suggest the 4 port LinkSys router. IT hasn't failed me yet. But the only thing I would really advise...is change the default pass!!!! lol.
    Signature image is too tall!

Hi, According to my experience I would recommend Cable/DSL 4 port router from network everywhere for wired connections and Netblaster II Sohoware HUB for any wireless connections. I am using them both and never had any problems connecting. They also have decent prices at the market. Both these give maximum security features compared to others and I am running a Linux server myself just fine. Just want to give out my personal opinion. I can also add to this that the connection speeds are also great for the wireless with 128 bit encryption and 11mbps. If you like to have a problem free device for connection go for these.
    Best of luck.

Cybermirror00
    CybermirrorSever

Linksys

I am going to agree with Macknificent and Tronic in recommending Linksys. There's not too much of a price difference nowadays between the 802.11b and 802.11g wireless routers from Linksys especially if you come across an 802.11g on sale at Staples or Best Buy.

Cool Think Twice before you buy!!

I would like to say this again, If you really like to try networking at home or office SOHO routers are the best with the award winning support and trouble free setup. I myself have been using them for past 3 years and never had to replace or had any other problems.
    Please Check this website out and see for your self.

http://www.networkeverywhere.com/default.asp
    CybermirrorSever