Thread: Ap Assignment

AntiOnline n00b

Ap Assignment

I don't know if this have been taken up before. in the Antipoint Corrections Dialog Box

What do you think of Someone's post?
    I approve
    I disapprove
    if the user dosent even select any of the options and press the button "Assign AP's" it assigns Negative AP's. I think this Should be Corrected it should give a error message or something saying no option selected rather than assigning Ap's by itself. it so happned that i accidently left the two unchecked it assigned negative AP's to some one .

Banned
    Well, next time close the dialog box and dont click assign AP's. Or dont clcik Assign AP's to this post in the first time if you aint gonna do anything, yeah it would be nice to have that, but we lived 2 years without that, we can live further more.

Antionline Herpetologist
    It's a decent suggestion memory and it *should* be easy to code in. So why not?

Cheers,
    cgkanchi
    Buy the Snakes of India book, support research and education (sorry the website has been discontinued)
    My blog: http://biology000.blogspot.com

AntiOnline n00b
    actually it was the first time i assigned AP's MemorY. in the exicement i forgot to check any of the Radio Buttons. i will be more consious next time. sorry about that.

but we lived 2 years without that, we can live further more
    why, if it makes AO better or more user friendly why shouldn't it be done. And i don't think it shouldn't require huge amount of coding or will it mstgrl could be a better judge of that.

hope i am not being too critical about this but it's a general programming practice to show an error message if the user hasen't selected any option. the reason being the user might forget in a haste or clicks but misses the target and didn't notices this would assign negative AP's. I don't know if it is done intencially if it is then i would like to suggest it should be Assigned to Assign Positive Ap's IMHO it would be a better option.

Banned
    Sorry guys, i was pissed off at the moment, yes it is a good suggestion. Sorry again for being an ass.

JS was there to handle this, but broken. Fixed now

- h
    I'm not mean. You're just a sissy.