Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prom King and Queen

Prom King and Queen

It seems that this long time tradition is starting to wane. My school's Prom Commitee voted against it which really upset the one tradtionalist that voted the other way. She is now going around with a patition to veto the desision.
    Is this whole idea just a wasteful tradtion like haveing a lottery where the winner gets stoned or is it such an important thing the the crowned queen that it should be continued for the joy it causes one. And should it be done by vote and random draw. I wanna hear some arguments both ways. Thanks.
    Not all those who wander are lost.

I don't really understand the concept of a prom since we don't have them over here (we have a Leaver's Ball before we go to university, but that's different - not much fuss is made and a lot of people don't go, nor do people try to get dates for it). All I know is what I've seen on American Pie and What Women Want - are they true to the real picture or not?

BTW, you can't really have a prom king/queen over here, it'd be considered politically incorrect because everyone has to be the same.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

Ok take this for what it is worth, as i skiped the prom to get durnk with some post high school friends.

Look at it this way, the proom king and queen are probably athleat types high school football and cheerleading or something like that. HTye are probably not very bright and she will probably be pregnant in a few years, high school is all they have this is their bright future os let them have it. then at your ten year when you are sucessfull and they havent left home yet you can laugh in their face (i did)
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

I applaud your reply BBallad! I love it.

Pwaring - you could always rent the movie Carrie by Stephen king. Now there's a Prom Queen.
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

Proms rock, last fryday I went for the first time to a prom.
    /me in a neat smoking, that was cool
    Things such as a prom queen and king don't exist here as far as I know.
    It is still a tradition in universities...
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

Originally posted here by bballad
    Ok take this for what it is worth, as i skiped the prom to get durnk with some post high school friends.

Look at it this way, the proom king and queen are probably athleat types high school football and cheerleading or something like that. HTye are probably not very bright and she will probably be pregnant in a few years, high school is all they have this is their bright future os let them have it. then at your ten year when you are sucessfull and they havent left home yet you can laugh in their face (i did)
    Why? They can only be convinced of their lack of value as they become stripped down of their "valuables" early in life. No pain is enough pain!

At my prom they elected someone who wasn't popular as a joke and then right at her moment of unforseen glory, they dumped a bucket of blood on her. At first she didn't know what was going on but then a grand fury raged inside her as her senses became accutely aware that her crown of popularity and respect was in fact the prelude to her own ridicule and awarenes to the selfishness of the student body, perhaps representative of America herself. In an act of rage she tapped her minds own power over the physical universe and enacted her own version of personal vengence. Oh wait, maybe that was a movie.

Personally I loved the Prom Queen, she was tasty and her date was really pissed the next day.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

And you people wonder why things like Columbine happen? When some barely-out-of-high-school father decides to saw-down two crosses, in a gesture of what? Justice? Despite my religious allegiance I can understand that a cross is the symbol used to remember somebody's passing away, and a way of remembering that somebody.

But anyway, enough with my violent rants.

RoadClosed was that The Craft by any chance?
    /\\

Stephen King: Carrie.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Which the craft is a cheap rip off of in my opinion.

Peorsanly i think it was more fun at the ten year....you can remind them of all their big dreams and how important they where then and how they work at wallmart now....
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?