Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i need some help with MSN messenger!

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar

i need some help with MSN messenger!

ok... yesterday all of my contacts from MSN messenger 6.1 suddenly appeared on my hotmail email contacts list, so i deleted them and now i logged into MSN messenger and my contacts are gone! what happened? i tried to repair messenger and i got this message: Error Occured during the installation of assembly components then it said some numbers and they are: 874793fc-5f43-49-6a-8fe7-18c4db9b143d. then is said Hresult-2147024864. any ideas please let me know! thanx bye,tyler.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

If I remember correctly, since MSN uses your hotmail account as your login, they actually use the same contact lists. You'll probably have to add them again.

Hey Hey,

First off, usually you shouldn't PM people, at least now with the same thing you've posted when it's a simple tech support question...

Anyways, I sent you a PM but i'll give you a little more detail in here.

With the new hotmail set-up, it seems the contacts have been messed up. I don't use hotmail for anything other than junk mail, so I logged in today and it seems all my contacts are gone. However this popped up.

Your MSN Messenger contacts have been added to your MSN Hotmail contacts list. To view your MSN Messenger contacts, click "Messenger" in the left pane of the Contacts page.
    That right there answers the question of why they were there, you must have just clicked it away too fast. I seem to only have 4 MSN Messenger contacts that have been imported, off a list of 147. I'm not sre how they bring them over, but it seems they are attempting to import the lists and tie the applications in even closer. So when you deleted them, it was most likely the same as removing them from your MSN Messenger list. It's just more of their software working together.

Btw you really should read dialog boxes that pop up on your screen, especially while on the internet.

Peace,
    HT

Ive noticed my aol IM contacts are now in my contact list of outlook express, and also when I Start outlook express it signs me into AOL instant messenger... sheesh. what is it lately with everything being "tied-in" as you put it...
    Remember -
    The ark was built by amatures...
    The Titanic was built by professionals.

hmmm i wonder if it works the other way around. What if you add a contact in hotmail, will it add them on msn and if so will it notify them that you added them...hmmm time to play about me thinks.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    First off, usually you shouldn't PM people, at least now with the same thing you've posted when it's a simple tech support question...
    HTRegz, don't get mad at him. I suggested he post it in the Forums since I've never seen this before (I didn't specify where since I wasn't sure the cause of the problem). So if you want to get mad, get mad at me.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Originally posted here by MsMittens
    HTRegz, don't get mad at him. I suggested he post it in the Forums since I've never seen this before (I didn't specify where since I wasn't sure the cause of the problem). So if you want to get mad, get mad at me.
    Hey Hey,

That wasn't me mad, you should know that by now. I was just suggesting something. If I'd been mad everyone on AO, and half the people that have never heard of this site would know about it. Also if i was mad, I wouldn't have provide an answer. I apologize if it came across that way

Peace,
    HT

Question.....are we talking about Windows Messenger, or MSN Messenger? They are two different enities and do operate somewhat differently. They also have different levals of upgrades that could make a difference.
    I do use MSN Messenger and have not noticed a hard tie in with my hotmail contacts, as I use them for different people and different reasons.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    hey yall sorry if i posted my question in the wrong place... well it looks like im screwed lol. it really sucks because some of these ppl i dont know their email addys just their msn names so im not happy right now...
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Why are you screwed?
    =