Thread: Invalid TCP Options

Invalid TCP Options

Norton Internet Security and AV recognizes this as a 'medium-risk' attack. What is this kind of attack? What does it do? How is it executed? And lastly, how is it prevented and/or stopped? I've noticed that these attacks have been fairly frequent on my home computer. Once an hour at the minimum. Any information regarding this issue would be great. Thanks in advance.

-Spyderpop
    MySig != Worth your time

Invalid tcp flags?

Some people get them, some people don't. I used to get them a lot but then I disabled the signature to stop reporting them. Symantec said they have received numerous reports, but can't recreate. They offer some advise at the following site. Disable them. I have, and I don't have any problems.

Invalid TCP flags

BTW: What sites were you getting these reports from? I used to get them when getting on AO, slashdot, and more specifically on p2p networks. There were a couple of other sites too, but I don't remember which ones. I got annoyed with them rather quickly and disabled them. Just like with any IDS system, you're going to have "false positives" and you will need to "fine tune" the application to handle your environment.

Now, if snort were that easy. (still learning it)
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Thanks a lot! I thought something serious was going on. 'Preciate it.
    MySig != Worth your time