Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pranks -problem

pranks -problem

I had five prank programs ,and my so called freind was so stupid to put the prank in the network drive in my school. how do i find them all so i can delete them

he put more than one
    the prank was called aviod

please help dont want to get in trouble

Go to your school admin and or IT department and explain the problem and let them handle it. Any other way and you will be compounding the problem.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

That or if there is student storage space or something and you know the names of the files why not just search for and delete them.
    Ben Franklin said it best. \"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"

Agreed. You risk unintentionally setting something else off and worsening the situation if attempt a do-it-yourself solution, since you're not well-acquainted with the inner workings of that particular network. Just get their net admin on it, that's what they bring home the bacon for.

lets just say the admin is not that freindly

Bite the bullet and face your problem like an adult. Perhaps your openness will help mitigate any punishment... if not...at least you handled it with dignity. And next time choose better "friends."

Install a virus and blame it on the admin for not doing his job.

Dead Man Walking
    the admin is going to be even less freindly if you screw something up or get caught trying to fix this on your own. If he catches you before you get everything acomplished it will look like you are doing something with shall we say " less than honorable innentions" i gota go with everybody else. Explain to the admin that it was your buddy but not you and you just want to try to avoid any problems. Even a hardnosed ******* will understand that

send the admin an email from an anonymous mail service explaining the problem. that way you dont have to name names and get your A-hole friend expelled.

a quick google search for "anonymous remailer" produced tons of results if you dont like this one

http://www.gilc.org/speech/anonymous/remailer.html

i disagree! hard nosed ass-holes understand nothing. some would be quite happy to ruin your life just because their pissed. do the right thing. tell him but dont put your future on the line. ive had a few brushs with authority and what ive learned from that is being honest and forthright will only get you screwed. pure ethics exist in a purely ethical world. this just doesn't happen to be one of them.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

BANNED
    What kind of prank program. If its not harmful then just leave it alone.
    heh. nevermind I googled it. Yeah you should probably get those off.
    edit: And like they said if you aren't able to do it yourself without screwing anything up get someone else to do it. heres the link if anyone doesnt know what it is: http://www.funnyhumor.com/downloads/4.php
    I have no AV so I don't know if this is clean.
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...