I've seen so many individuals hear put their .02 in on Lindows, but I have missed any real reviews published in this room. I got the e-mail claiming to offer Lindows 50% off ($25.00) so I figured why not give it a try.

I was quite weirded out that you need to make a partition (1 partition) for Lindows unless you want it to use your entire hard disk.

As far as the installation, I have read some reviews that sy it only took :07 minutes on systems slower than mine. Not true, it too about 10 - 15 (but still faster than most windows installations).

Now, once you log in (this is Linux) you have a choice about creating another user, but it does not tell you about the importance of not using root. So any normal user will stay as root, I went along with this to see exactly how much damage a newbie could do to this OS.

Now I am up and have the basic utilities so I decide to give the CNR Warehouse a shot and install Evolution Main (instead of LinMail) and gAIM instead of (LinBuddy) --I have to admit LinBuddy is quite decent-- and some other minor changes. Once I select the programs I want, they are automatically installed and set where they should be. I believe this is a nice feature, but it takes some of the fun out of customizing your OS. UnInstall is the same way for programs you install via CNR, but what about the default programs? I no longer want two versions of the same program, well this is quite complicated for a newbie.

and after everything is installed it runs quite well, my next target is the security features, so I will leave you with this. Lindows is great for anyone who is familiar with a computer, but has a habit of messing everything up or overloading the system, but there was not enough ways for me to customize this system. As far as loading a program CNR is better for a newbie who dislikes the Terminal, but that is about it. If you have any questions, I'll be leaving this on my system for a week to perform more testing.