I noticed my home page was being hijacked in my web browser. In my firewall rules I noticed backweb, my mom must have permited it. Adaware and Spybot would not find any traces of backweb, reportivly my system was clean but I knew this was far from true, backweb was installed.

google reports backweb on quite alot of sites refering to it as adware. I killed the process, deleted the firewall rule mom must have created, and went searching www.snapfiles.com for another anti-spy tool. Could not find any more free ones so I turned to shareware.

I downloaded Spysweeper a Comerical product. It detected backweb along with:

Hot as Hell
IstBar
PowerScan
TeenXXX
WildTangent
PcInvader (a trojan horse!!!)

ok I can confirm some of these since WildTangent was installed yesterday with my new keyboard since I was unaware it was any spyware. I had uninstalled it but obviously traces were left.

IstBar showed up a few days prior, I was evaluating my firewall rules and noticed it in there, Bad Mom! She needs a talking to.

So I seems I can acount for 3 of the found components, but defanitly not the trojan horse. Neither AVG antivirus nor Panda Antivirus reported any Trojans.

How could it be that these common spy components were found only using comercial software, they must have stealth capabilitys?

Well I removed them now with help from SpySweeper. Does anyone know how it copuld hapen that adaware and spybot missed these.