Thread: Zone Alarm Free IM Protection

Zone Alarm Free IM Protection

Zone Alarm is now offering a free 'Instant Messaging Security Software"
    "Instant messaging is being used a lot and people aren't paying attention to the security risks that are out there. People are still way too trusting, and they think instant messaging can't be used against them. But it can."

—Art Manion, Internet Security Analyst, CERT
    They say that this will work on any IM client also.

Equally important, the products are easy to use. They provide universal protection, work seamlessly with AOL Instant Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger and MSN Messenger. They protect you regardless of the service or client you use—even universal clients like Trillian.
    Get it here.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

hmmm, well its a start (I guess). Lets just hope that people will actually bother downloading this.
    Thanks for the update though, I didn't know about this service

Although I am slightly confussed as to how its planning on doing all of this. Is it a plugin or what? Because it states that the Pro. version can protect you're private information. So, if its encrypted then how can the IM read it when it trully is needed?
    -HDD

I think, it's a good idea because there are actually an exploit in Yahmessenger.
    So maybe this can really be of some help of stoping malcious exploits like the one in Ym.
    Good idea.
    \"If knowledge is power. Why doesn\'t everybody read?\"

all the free software in the world isn't gonna stop **** heads from clicking on malicious links sent to them from "friends" but thats really great news for those smart enough to use it.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Ok this flaw only be my computer.
    But when you download "imsecure" from zonelabs and install and restart your computer it does'nt allow access to the net anymore.
    It even changed my primary ip address the first install.
    I restarted my pc and my ip was changed completely.
    Then deleted and re'installed again and still couldn't get access to the net.
    So, the thing is, it's a great program if you can get it to work.
    But I suggested this software to another person, who also couldn't get it to either.
    Maybe it's flaw maybe not.
    \"If knowledge is power. Why doesn\'t everybody read?\"

Don't really know, I haven't tried it as I don't use yahoo alot.
    Anyone else try it yet??
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Moxnix,

on your first quote, looks like you were talking about my son! He is so trusting on the IM programs it's silly. In fact so silly I've had to yank his hard drive out twice this month and make it a slave on my box just to clean it out and wipe it several times. He picks up so much crap it's amazing. Anyway, so thanks for the ZA link, I'll have him download it and set it up.

cheers.

i think its called IMSecure. on my computer it slowed the comp down to a crawl just as Mcafee Office 2000 did to my 98
    Well...its not gonna get much better than linux!