Thread: Riffs

Banned

Riffs

Hey all, just been playing on my guitar and was wondering how many AO'ers liked to play and more importantly what are their fav riffs or songs to play as I am about to whore a tab site and start learning a whole new batch of songs.

My faves when I am just playing around:

Gary Moore- Parisienne Walkways ( Its one now many people either know or can play so it impresses people)
    Pixies- Where is my mind? ( Its so simple yet sounds so good)
    White Stripes - Seven Nation Army ( Because everyone asks for it)

Freshtabs.com...

I have a fender standard strat and a yamaha acoustic. Ive always wanted a Paul Reed Smith but I need more bling. I kinda stopped playing, but it all worked out because I hooked up my amp to my computer, so now i get really loud music, which is fine.

For some reason I know a lot of chili peppers and silverchair.

Off topic really, but, Cannibal Corpse. There are some really nice tabs of them floating around. Sounds great, and rather easy to play. May take a while to memorize though. I enjoy playing their music, not listening to it XD
    MySig != Worth your time

Banned
    I only play punked up four cord tunes.

Ministry - bad blood. Its one of their more punkish songs like Theives but has these very very very strange & high pitched riffs & later on in the song it kinda drifts into what sounds like bagpipes. Any of the old Guns and Roses songs are cool. A flock of seagulls the echoing guitar solos they did rocked lol but their hairhttp://www.fretplay.com/tabs/f/flock..._ran-tab.shtml

Banned
    Neil Young - The Needle and the Damage Done (sounds pretty difficult, but isn't, and is one of the only songs I can play and sing at the same time)

Metallica - The Call of Ktulu (same)

Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven (really easy to play, and an all-time classic)

The Eagles - Hotel California (even easier to play)

OLGA has got them all

Banned
    Cheers all!

/me plays lots of stuff

Jazz (just improv what you will)

Classical (whatever I am playing at the time)

And nintendo music. No kidding that stuff is amazing. When you play some Nobuo Uemasto on Guitar it just sounds rad.

My bands songs

And then lots of covers: Weezer, Pixies, Radiohead, Zepplin, etc...
    You shall no longer take things at second or third hand,
    nor look through the eyes of the dead...You shall listen to all
    sides and filter them for your self.
    -Walt Whitman-