I dont know if anyone can help me out with this or not. I was helping my friend that previously had windows ME on his laptop and i had did a new install of windows XP expecting that it would format his HD and do a clean install. However, without asking me, it gave me only his secondary HD (d, which im assuming is a partition of his C: Drive. So anyway, it installed XP pro on his D: drive and left Windows ME on his C: drive. I realized the error and did it again on the C: drive. Only it didn't completely format it, just upgrade, and then there was two Windows XP Opperating systems. So when i booted, it gave me the option of picking which one i wanted to boot, which unfortunatelly was two XP's. So i booted the one on C: and then formatted the D: Drive. Now it still gives me the option of picking one of the two at Boot. Only it gives errors when you try to do the one on the D: drive b/c it is obviously missing files. I need to know how to get it so it doesnt give you the option of picking b/c there is only one OS. But im assuming the C: drive doesnt know that, it was built with the second in place. So is there anything i can do? It is also not recognizing his wireless internet card. He installed the driver but it still wont find it. I havent looked at that yet so i dont know if i can fic it yet or not but any ideas are helpfull. And the last thing which i think is pretty weird is that there are two files that he downloaded a long time ago that wont delete for anything, not even in safe mode. Why is that? I have never had that problem before. Any help wouldbe greatly appreciated. Thanks alot.
-Ryan