Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hiding my IP address

im not sure where to post this... help...

just a few quick questions...... im looking for some information on how to hide my (WAN) IP address... im running cable internet, and a linksys router with three other computers in the house... ????

help

Hide your IP from who?

If it's just a matter of hiding it from sites that you visit, try a proxy such as www.anonymizer.com .

I think the important question is, why you feel you need to hide your IP.
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

a website

do they have proxys that are free...?

Banned
    A website need to know your IP so that it know where to send the information too. You can use proxie server to "spoof" your IP.

btw: You dont have a WAN. A WAN is a wide are network. it consists of 2 or more LAN's(Local Area networks). 3 computers are a small LAN.

edit: Free Proxy servers.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...=Google+Search

I just want to add one thing since you're new. If you need to add a question or information before anyone has posted, just edit your last post. Double posting is frowned upon here.
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

oh.. sorry about that....
    having a problem finding a proxy...

http://www.stayinvisible.com/index.pl/proxy_list

Pick one close to you and stick it in your browser options. If you have trouble, click help, its probably in there.

If all of a sudden, your internet is very slow, doesn't work at all, or sites are restricted, pick another proxy. The one I'm on has a McCafee virus checker on it, oddly enough.

Pretty cool stuff
    Soda

Originally posted here by MemorY
    btw: You dont have a WAN. A WAN is a wide are network. it consists of 2 or more LAN's(Local Area networks). 3 computers are a small LAN.

Hey Hey,

Actually he's correct in saying he wants to hide his WAN IP. This would be the IP assigned through his cable modem to his router by his ISP. His LAN IPs are the (presumably) private IPs he would be using behind the router. The IP on the internet is a WAN IP because essentially all the internet is... is the biggest of WANs

Peace,
    HT

Like Soda_Popinsky said, try looking at http://stayinvisible.com. They have a nice collection. Sometimes it takes a little experimenting to find a good proxy that works. With some of them I am unable to check my e-mail and some seem to run slower. Anyway, stayinvisible.com has a great collection.