Thread: Computer forensics help

Question Computer forensics help

Ok i am new to comp. forensics and i was wondering who can i listen to or use any file that i have recovered when i recovered it the porgram automaticaly put it as a .ink file and i tried just renameing but that did work so their any think that i need to do??

can you be more specific?

Other than the file extension, can you give more details about what you're trying to do?

What software is involved? What target file type(s) are you attempting to recover? What did you rename it to and why?

Cheers,
    <0
    Ego is the great Logic killer

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    lord: Are you sure that isn't an _L_nk file? If it is you are creating a shortcut to the file.

Just a thought.... Sometimes the obvious isn't that obvious till someone points it out....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

tiger shark u are right but still when i recovey any type of file it want open when ever i open a image file of ne kind it says no preveiw avalaible and i am using drive rescue

here is a screen shot with the error it gives meis their ne thing i can do to fix it?

you could try checking out the codecs that the videoclip uses,i use Gspot for that

Here's the link:
    Gspot

so, you deleted some kind of music file and you want to recover and use it? what are you using for recovery? i think you should be able to do that, i've done it b4(i think)

so, you deleted some kind of music file and you want to recover and use it? what are you using for recovery? i think you should be able to do that, i've done it b4(i think)

I'm not sure if I am follwing you exactly, but one program I frequently use is PC Inspector File Recovery. The prices is right...

I'm not sure if I am follwing you exactly, but one program I frequently use is PC Inspector File Recovery. The prices is right...