Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Browser

Best Browser

What is the best least buggy non-vulnerable easy to use browser out today?

Elite Hacker
    links or lynx for *nix. Actually I'm not sure, just use whatever you feel comfortable with and keep it up to date. Also have anti-virus, anti-spyware, and anti-hijacking software and keep it up to date.

Give Firefox a shot. It is created by Mozilla and seems to be a pretty solid browser. Least Buggy?? Less vulnerable?? These are relevant to use and access to underlying code, therefore hard to answer. IE is probably the most vulnerable because of it's wide use.
    - Boyam

Here's another vote for Firefox by Mozilla. I have been using Firebird/Firefox for several months now and when I run anti-spyware software, I usually get zero hits, unlike when I was using IE all the time. It does have a couple bugs, but they are easy to live with. And the plugins available for Firefox are amazing.
    \"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.\" - Arthur C. Clarke

I use and like Internet Explorer because I am a rebel.

i just read this thing about IE having lots of vulnerabilities and it could download stuff to your computer without your permission and it worried me..so i was thinking about switching

Don't use IE. Definitely use Netscape/Mozilla. Use lynx if you dont care about graphics.
    +++++++-+-+-+-+-+ +-+-+-+ +-+-+-++++
    +|p|h|a|s|e| |o|n|e| |r|e|t|a|l|i|a|t|i|o|n|++
    +++++++-+-+-+-+-+ +-+-+-+ +-+-+-+-++

I switchted to FireFox a while ago because of a recommendation in another thread.

So far it's been great. I noticed a considerable speed increase and I just like the feel of it better.

I use and like Internet Explorer because I am a rebel.
    LOL

Later,

mjk

My vote for opera - I like very much mouse gestures and the system of switching windows. Opera is fast and in the package you get download manager, rss reader, mail client etc... Opera is also highly customizible. Simply said, right now it is my favourite browser.

But you have to try every browser yourself. What is good for me may be the worst pick for you For example many people here like FireFox - I don't. One rebel here like IE - i used to like it too, but I think that opera is much better. So try every browser yourself and you will see...
    http://promote.opera.com/small/opera94x15.gif

[gloworange]Sun7dots[/gloworange]

Opera is an exceptional piece of software. As far as overall quality, speed, features and size i don't think any browser comes anywhere near Opera . But i prefer Firefox for its aesthetics, comfort and simplicity so i tend to use it most.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots