Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Electoral Points

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man

Electoral Points

So I have been thinking about the political circus we are about to witness over the next few months. Between all the Political Ads and Propaganda, and mudslinging the "truth" will have been too distorted to recognise.

But one thing that really bothers me is the Electorial Point System. This Basically means that each state is valued at X number of Electorial Points based on number of registered voters i think..but thats not the point. The point is that in Texas GW Bush will win texas' 32 electoral points. Meaning that all other votes are discarded cause all that matters are those electoral points.

I find myself thinking that the only way to make my vote really count for something is to vote GreenParty/Independant, because once an Independant Part gets a 5% vote, that makes them eligable for federal grants and funding that would help us have more than 2 choices... I dunno...my thoughts as a confused voter...
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

Old Fart
    Politics....from the latin "Poli" (many) and "Tics" (bloodsucking creatures)....it doesn't get any more fitting than that.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Banned
    Voteing? Ugh... BARF!

Politics is politics.

This will be my first time to be voting for a president this year, and I'm proud to say that Bush is getting my vote.
    =

Banned
    One guy looks like frankinstien and the other reminds me of a PE teacher I once had. Sure that sounds cool but I wouldn't know enought about these guys to even care to open my front door and walk outside... yet alone stand around for a hour and vote for one of these guys.

kerry doesn't look like frankinstien he looks like herman munster who tryies to look like frankenstien.

if enough people vote green or other we'll at least be spared the recount this time.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Banned
    *ahem*

Or...
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Banned
    Humm...

I'd go with black flag......lets face it, out side of the local level voteing dosn't mena much in this country, its all about the electoral college
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?