Thread: server being hack

server being hack

Hi all,

I want to know how i can view my clients in Lan environment such as they screen, internet address log, and i want control when they can online.

Secondly i want shut down the server from my desk since its very far from my table.

And i found out that my staff some of them know how to hack. and they can access F:\ is a data private & confidental documents such as invoice and cost price from supplier. even i set a right access (windows 2000)...

Hopefully someone can help me.

Thanks in advance.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    If you have set the right access then someone has the password of someone who has access. On NTFS drives you would have to have pretty sophisticated users to be able to circumvent the security settings.

Check the users you see in the security tab as having access to that folder and it's subfolders. If "Authenticated Users" or "Everyone" is in there then that is your problem. Check the subfolders too.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

tq for your info.

re: remote shutdown

there are a variety of methods to remotely shutdown/reboot a machine...

1. RDP into the target and use start-shutdown.
    2. use 'shutgui' from the Win2k resource kit
    3. use command-line syntax... Shutdown \\servername /T:30 /R /Y /C (the '/R' is a reboot switch)
    4. connect via computer manangement and right-click, select properties, advanced tab, startup/recovery-settings, and 'shutdown', from the top-most object (usually 'Computer Management' or the name of the machine you connected to...).

any of the above will give you shutdown/reboot control over remote server as long as you have the right privileges to execute the commands.

Cheers,
    <0
    Ego is the great Logic killer

cheerio

What is mean by RDP ? Do you have any remote access software that i can download ?

Thanks in advance.