Thread: Pay'em not to breed?

Pay'em not to breed?

Pay drug addicts not to reproduce says UK expert
    14 Mar 2004

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/index.php?newsid=6543

If you are a female drug addict you should be paid to take contraceptives so that you do not have kids, says Professor Neil McKeganey, an expert from the Centre for Drug Misuse and Research, UK.

He said that meeting the needs of infants and children born to drug addicted mothers was getting out of control; he called it ‘a crisis’. He would like to see a long-term programme put into practice where a woman takes contraceptives if she is a drug addict. He thinks that paying them is probably the most effective way.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Yeah right.. pay 'em and they use it for more drugs.

How about offering to get their tubes tied at no cost ?

Frankly, I think the women would probably be insulted.

spend the money for drugs! so let them! its all the less they'll have to steal. at least that way they're only be hurting themselves and not unborn children. the point is that the cost of treating babies born of addicted mothers is costing much more than paying them would and children are being born addicted and neuologically impared. Do you really think you could insult a crack whore by asking she do something so mundane for money given the things they'll do for it as it is? maybe they should institute a blood, urine or saliva test for the birth control chemicals and if NOT found in their system when arrested the penilties should double
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Yes...nice one Tedob1. Maybe we can kill off all Down Syndrome children too? Why stop at drug addicts? What about anyone that's not white with blonde hair and blue eyes? I know.....anyone with an IQ below 100 should be stopped from having children.

Zeig Heil Mein Fuhrer.....

How about dealing with the social issues that create drug addicts instead? How about dealing with things like Health Care, Employment, Education. Things like child abuse....domestic violence....issues that drive young girls away from home and onto the streets...

This thread stinks of "redneckism".....

Hmmm,

I am not sure of the pharmacology, but it might be possible to add a contraceptive to the methadone or whatever that they are given to come off heroin addiction? Not very constitutional, but we don't have a written constitution in the UK.

Just a thought?

Conf1rm3d_K1ll, I hope you weren't refering to me with this comment, " This thread stinks of "redneckism"....." I didn't know you had rednecks over there, but check out from where this came from

quote:
    If you are a female drug addict you should be paid to take contraceptives so that you do not have kids, says Professor Neil McKeganey, an expert from the Centre for Drug Misuse and Research, UK.

We have a similar program here in the US called CRACK - that pays women $200 to get Norplant or another permanent form of birth control installed.
    http://www.cashforbirthcontrol.com/

More of a grass roots organization than US policy, but there have been several stabs at legalizing the sterilization (both permanently and impermanently) of addicted/dependent women (as well as mentally retarded women).

Just my personal opinion here: but Norplant sounds wonderful - simply because it may prevent pregnancy in addicted women and is REVERSIBLE once they clean themselves up. I think it's HORRID to permanently take away anyone's reproductive capacity!

Of course I do have a bias (Im a pregnant woman lol).

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
    How about dealing with the social issues that create drug addicts instead? How about dealing with things like Health Care, Employment, Education. Things like child abuse....domestic violence....issues that drive young girls away from home and onto the streets...
    +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

Yeah ill ask santa

and i suppose you think think having children born into drug addition is helping to correct these issues?

i dont know what its like in oz but in ny drug addicts com from EVERY walk of life. in fact the last i heard the average drug addict was a white middle class male age 25.