Thread: antivirus speed

antivirus speed

in the PC Magazine, the NOD32 ad says it is the fastest antivirus. i was just wondering if it is on Win XP too.
    Well...its not gonna get much better than linux!

Oh! Dude, are you trying to be like me? I suggest that you son't be annoying like me. (Just some advice. :-) It would most likely be the fastest on Windows XP if Windows XP is run under the same conditions. I would suggest that you either tell us more information about the article or give us a link so that we can see how it was dont (the benchmarks and all).

it was talking about on Novell and i think Win Server 2003

If it is talking about Windows 2003 server, then I would assume that it would be the fastest on Windows XP. Once again it depends on the configuration of things on your/the computer. Windows 2003 server is a lot like Windows XP. In fact, like Windows 98/Windows 2000 and Windows NT 4/Windows 95, Windows XP and Windows 2003 are practically the same (not that they are the same, but they were designed to be compliments to each other and around the same time--ok, screwed up analogy). Most likely, it is the fastest on Windows XP, but one again, it depends on the configuration and if soemthing in the benchmark was specifically reliant on something that only a server can give.

what about Novell

Well, Novell and Windows 2003 server are, well, both servers or create server products. If it is fastest on both of them and it didn't mention anything that wasn't server, then I would assume that it the test was designed for servers. Perhaps it takes advantage of multiple processors or large amounts of RAM or fast hard drives. I don't know, truth be told. I can only say that it could be fast on Windows XP, but then again, I don't know the conditions that this antivirus software was benchmarked under.

actually, it states that that NAV is faster than NAI Netshield (other 2 compared) on Server 2000 (it was actually 2000, not 2003), but NAI was faster on Novell, so it does make a difference.
    The results are on www.eset.us/compare