I've been using linux at home for quite some time now. I don't have a domain at home, just a workgroup with mixed OSs. XP, 2K, RH, SuSE, etc.

I installed a Fedora Core 1 box and set it all up security wise.

I want to bring it into work to show my boss some of the cababilities of Linux.
He is very pro m$ and never really messed with linux. He tried to muck with RH 6.2, but he gave up..

I would like to join it to the Win2K domain and authenticate with the domain via active directory.
It is a mixed mode domain (NT4 (only one left) and 2K). Soon to be in native mode... probably within the next couple of weeks. The NT4 server is no longer needed and we just haven't gotten around to swithing to native mode.

How can I go about doing this?

I did a couple quick searches, but didn't come up with enough. Most of the info I've come up with has to do with setting up a Linux box on a Win2K domain and using the Win2K active directory as the authentication method for samba. I'm good on that. I need help actually logging it into the domain to use network printers and other resouces. In other words, on a m$ box, it'll come up at login screen

UID
PWD
Domain

How can I set this on linux?
I don't want to log in locally with local usernames. I want to use usernames in active directory.

I figured the experts at AO would be a better resource.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance!