Thread: the install of dual os

the install of dual os

running xp pro on an celeron processor 384 ram 20 gig hd

making a blank 6 gig partition and want to install redhat

i want xp to be default boot and can i use my belkinn wireless access to connect redhat to internet

i think i make a startup disk to boot into redhat?? but a year or 2 ago it rewrote my mbr and i am clueless as to how to configure that

as long as i can get back into xp i will spend the necessary time figurng out the rest, but its time to move from M$ and i now have the time to do this thanks for any help given and nice to be here, its been awhile!!!!!
    the only way to fix it is to flush it all away-tool

AntiOnline n00b
    i want xp to be default boot and can i use my belkinn wireless access to connect redhat to internet
    That shouldn't be a tough one RedHat Linux Gives you a option During installation, to install it into MBR or not. Check this out there are various alternatives to that . Boot Loader Installation it explains almost every thing about the Redhat Boot Loder.

can i use my belkinn wireless access to connect redhat to internet
    yes you can access the internet through belkinn wireless access in linux

time to move from M$ and i now have the time to do this
    RedHat was never my favuriote, who don't you give SuSE LINUX, Slackware Linux or OpenBSD a try.

awesome, thanks..i will be doing this in the next 48 hours and will reply here as to the results and any unexpected problems, or ease!, which transpired

okay i figured out that redhat makes it own partition and once that was solved it went fine, but i cant, because i dont know how, to get it to "see" my wireless usb device..its hardware detector didnt do it and keeps trying the ethernet card which isnt used..so far so good though and help getting connected would be appreciated...i didnt do anything to install my wireless usb access device, its a belkin and upstairs is a 4 port router, i never made a network linking the 2 puters as it wasnt necessary, any help would be appreciated

AntiOnline n00b
    Mine worked. I got the driver and followed the instructions from here

Using an Atmel based USB Wireless adapter with Mandrake 9.1

uhaam... you can also check these links out hope this helps because what i am hearing from friends is belkin on redhat difficult.... ; but not impossible ,

--Good Luck--

well last night i started at 1130 pm and went to bed at 830 am

tonight i will read and let it sink in and then try tomorrow, i actually got a job to do tomorrow for people that actually want to pay me, even though they are friends, lol

but i appreciate your help and i perused the links real quick and hope to report back with my success in 48 hours
    but i really appreciate your time and rest assured the knowledge gets passed on