Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AntiOnline Color Suggestions

AntiOnline Color Suggestions

I've loved AO from the start... but I gotta wear sunglasses every time i visit the site. I'm not a big fan of the "Blue's Clues, Barney and Big Bird" color scheme. I'm a graphic design student, and I pulled some notes from my lectures. I feel the triadic color scheme (cyan magenta yellow) isn't as effective as, say a monochrome one.

About yellow:
    Joy, happiness, optimism, idealism, imagination, hope, sunshine, summer, gold, philosophy, dishonesty, cowardice, betrayal, jealousy, covetousness, deceit, illness, hazard.

When overused, yellow may have a disturbing effect; it is known that babies cry more in yellow rooms .
    Most of that blows. Blue usually looks good...

About blue:
    Peace, tranquility, calm, stability, harmony, unity, trust, truth, confidence, conservatism, security, cleanliness, order, loyalty, sky, water, cold, technology, depression, appetite suppressant.

Blue is often associated with depth and stability. It symbolizes trust, loyalty, wisdom, confidence, intelligence, faith, truth, and heaven.
    Blue is considered beneficial to the mind and body. It slows human metabolism and produces a calming effect. Blue is strongly associated with tranquility and calmness.
    So I attached a monochromatic color scheme I agree with. I encourage AO and JupM to pick it up, for my vision's sake. Maybe it will encourage people to hang around longer on the site.

Thanks!
    Soda

EDIT

New version- attactched HTML in zip, CSS changes.

I notice that you highlighted all the negative aspects of yellow without placing much emphasis on the "joy, happiness" and other positive aspects. Besides, all that is merely an opinion of some jumped-up graphics designer who gets paid to make up stories about what colours mean. Even I, with my non-existant artistic talents, could do that.

As for this: "babies cry more in yellow rooms ."

that has got to be one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. Painting your room yellow isn't suddenly going to make everyone burst into tears. It's a sad thing when money is being wasted commissioning pointless research like the one that came to that conclusion.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

AO French Antique News Whore
    I SOO agree with pwaring. I come here for the content of the site! Not the design and I don't except Jupiter Media to put money to do the site for you eyes!
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Honestly, I agree with you 100% about the research being ridiculous. My focus is on 3d, and when I have to do holistic junk like that, it's a waste. But it's an easy fix, it doesn't cost **** to do it. It took me like 10 minutes just to switch a couple colors.

If someone painted my room yellow and purple, I'd be pretty pissed...

Banned
    Actually , i like Soda's theme very much.

AO French Antique News Whore
    Originally posted here by MemorY
    Actually , i like Soda's theme very much.
    Is Design is way too dark for me..

Maybe Intmon can do multiple theme for color and stuff of AO.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

PHPbb has a user defined theme option, I have no experience with vBulletin's options, but that would be neat if we could choose.

Here's one last version, edits from my own and SDK's critiques. After this I'm probably done. but who knows.

Banned
    I quite like the new scheme, maybe it is time for a change...

Why not throw out a few color schemes into the addicts forum or something, and have a vote. I only say Addicts because that would generally keep people from using more than one account to vote with. That, and the fact that most of the "permanant" members are addicts or seniors.

Worst thing that happens is JupM saying no.
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.