Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AntiOnline Color Suggestions

Originally posted here by Soda_Popinsky
    Honestly, I agree with you 100% about the research being ridiculous. My focus is on 3d, and when I have to do holistic junk like that, it's a waste.
    If your focus is on 3D then why are you so interested in a web site - when the web is generally 2D? (okay so you can have buttons and 3D images, but beyond that there's not much scope for depth).

If someone painted my room yellow and purple, I'd be pretty pissed...
    So would I - but this isn't your room we're talking about.

As for the proposed new colour scheme - I don't really care what colours AO uses, so long as I can read it.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

AO French Antique News Whore
    Still to dark for me. Their is no contrast between the title background color of a table and the overall background color of your table.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

If your focus is on 3D then why are you so interested in a web site
    I'm a graphic art major, with a 3d concentration. But I've been doing web design for a few years.

Pwaring: It's no big deal. Everyone's got different tastes. If you'd rather have yellow and purple, that's fine. I just think it would be cool, like SDK sort of suggested, to have multiple themes that can be changed by a member function. Just a suggestion, not a revolution.

This is simpler: Emotional Response to Color - ( http://www.gamedev.net/reference/art...article438.asp )

I think that AO needs a design change, and following the colors of the Logo might be a cool idea, but your demo design seems to lack...feeling? I like the color blue and black myself, but I think it would act to depress visitors to AO, or make the website too "cool." Sort of a "rainy day" effect. It seems to lack contrast and feeling, and makes computer security look too cool overall. The original moto: "Hackers know the weakness in your system, shouldn't you" probably used the color yellow to highlight the threat posed by hackers/crackers and other internet criminals. I think it gives the website some life, although it is a very annoying color.

If there is a design change, it should probably be more than tossing colors onto the existing theme. It should make some sort of ultra-sweet futuristic interface. With a complete redesign of the site's many images, including AP related images. Perhaps the current logo could stay, but if a color change is wanted, I think that a deeper redesign is in order to meet the colors better. If I have any time I might make a demo of what I have in mind. But it will probably suck :P

Okay, so I make really ugly user interfaces in the Gimp...

Just wanted to post what I did, although it really is nothing like I envisioned it...