Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: windows xp admin password

Question windows xp admin password

i know none of you is gonna believe this but it is the god honest truth...i need a way to figure out the admin passowrd for my windows zp box...my sister and i were the only ones who knew the password but she got pissed off at me for some reason and changed it...she is now on vacation and i can get into my computer...im posting this from my girlfriends house...if someone woudl tell me a way i could find it i would greatly appreciate it...the only thing i can get on at my house is a guest account so i have no downloading privleges or anything...any help please feel free to im me through aim at keally469 or send me an e-mail at keally469@yahoo.com

Unhappy please?

come on guys please i need help here

uh... I'll give you some more or less kid safe options

Winternals ERD Commander 2003 - $150 - 1 Workstation license.

This contains a utility that will reset the administrators password. Quick and easy, I've used it several times.

@Stake Lopht Crack 4 - $350 - 1 Machine license.

This will perform a 'brute force' attack against the computer and try to guess passwords by using dictionary files, and as a last resort, using every possible password. Often takes a long time. The time it takes, however, often depends on the complexity of the password.

Hope that helps your idea of what it takes to break in.

Jon

hmm

but under a guest account i cant download and install things...does anyone have that winkeyd.exe program that they could send me? i know that resets passwords

Old Fart
    Make peace with your sister....if that doesn't work rat her ass out to mom and dad for screwing up the computer and limiting your access. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh but face it.....your story could be nothing but pure BS.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

T3h Ch3F

Re: windows xp admin password

Originally posted here by dark dragon03
    i know none of you is gonna believe this but it is the god honest truth...i need a way to figure out the admin passowrd for my windows zp box...my sister and i were the only ones who knew the password but she got pissed off at me for some reason and changed it...she is now on vacation and i can get into my computer...im posting this from my girlfriends house...if someone woudl tell me a way i could find it i would greatly appreciate it...the only thing i can get on at my house is a guest account so i have no downloading privleges or anything...any help please feel free to im me through aim at keally469 or send me an e-mail at keally469@yahoo.com

Greetings, I have the solution to your problem.

http://www.emicrotraining.com/family.html
    Get some good religion from Bad Religion.

And if what Galdron suggested doesn't work, you can bash the b*tches head in until she rats the password.

Or reinstall WinXP.

Or buy a new computer.

Whatever you do, don't share passwords. Don't share admin accounts. Don't share underwear.

[on a serious note, give Knoppix a try and see what programs are there to crack XP password files. find some source code. understand it. code it for *nix. retrieve the password file from the XP partition. crack it. laugh it in your sister's face as she comes back form her vacation]
    /\\

DeadAddict is right.
    I've tried the program chntpw and It works well.

Theres a boot disk avalible to change the password of any account via sam files before the system boots using a linux shell.

the link is: http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html

hope this works for you as xp is built on an nt system it should
    Who am i to question your motive?