Thread: USB port

USB port

One of my friends told me that one can use an USB port, which stores around 128 mb. I think it would be very useful. I can be used as a large storage floppy. I don't know much .. Does it require any more accessories or cables etc. I would like 2 know... Can it be fitted on any cpu .. ?
    - SCORPION

I think your friend confused you a little - its not the usb port that stores 128mb (or whatever) its a usb device... see here for an example

there are loads of places where you can get one of these things so have a look on google for your nearest or cheapest supplier.

They can be fitted on any computer that has USB ports and are generally autodetected in WinXP/2000 but you may need drivers for Win9x

Z

Ps as you will see these things can store a lot more that 128mb- I forgetwhat the largest device available is - I think its 1 maybe 2GB
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes

AO French Antique News Whore
    Any USB Memory Stick work like a hard drive under Windows 2000 and XP. Windows 98 is working also but need a driver that crap the fun on the stick. You can buy memory stick everywhere now, they are very common.
    -Simon \"SDK\"