Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: careful who you talk to

careful who you talk to

It creates thousands of subprograms, called Nanniebots, which log on to different chat rooms and strike up conversations with users and user groups.
    http://news.com.com/2100-1032_3-5174065.html
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Wow, that sounds like a good idea, but it really does make me nervous about trying to pick up chicks in chatrooms.

Hopefully it will cut down on all this pedophile crap that has invaded the chatrooms.
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

hmmm.. so what happens next ? the governments.. say "hey, we could take that idea and monitor chat and IRC channels for subversive types" ? the start of something like that could be both bad and good.

Banned
    hmmm.. so what happens next ? the governments.. say "hey, we could take that idea and monitor chat and IRC channels for subversive types" ?
    Like they don't do that already.

Hey Hey,

It is some what disturbing, It's a little too big brother like. Between them reading my emails and now reading my chat conversations, what's next.. They want a VNC to my computer so that they can monitor my desktop? Maybe we should just put the entire world on one large domain and then them use's slarty's GenControl.

I'm all for getting rid of the pedo's and cutting down on the child abuse on the internet, but not at the limitation of my rights and freedoms. The software is a good idea, but like sdg who's to say they won't use this software to monitor other actions, and that joking around about something on the internet won't get me put in jail somewhere down the road.

That's just my 2 cents.

Peace,
    HT

Candi
    They all ready do right Here

Damn, that is some bloody sick people (followed Candy's link).
    It is too much like big brother I aggree, but they really got to get some of them people.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

the governments.. say "hey, we could take that idea and monitor chat and IRC channels for subversive types" ? the start of something like that could be both bad and good.
    I don't see it as a big deal, I mean when you are publicly talking to someone you don't know, you should be aware that you could be posted, ect..
    If I were to be running around groups of people yelling that I had a bomb, then I would have to take what comes with those actions: police ect.. Same thing online, its just sometimes harder to find them
    A mind full of questions has no room for answers

this matter needs alot of discotions cos it a tow way road
    TheWizard

Candi
    Moxnix

I came across that site about a month ago through my local news what gets me there are ppl that are against that site and they the same ppl that want the pedos caught and put in jail.