Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Had to chuckle

Custom User
    Look, Cybr1d. I wasn't trying to get angel banned or anything, and I didn't neg him for that post, nor did I neg him before because I don't like him. The reason I had negged him in the past is because he had made a post that really annoyed me for some reason (I'll attempt to find it).

I actually tried to give him a positive anti-point earlier today, but I can't because he was the last person I assigned points to. I don't have a problem with angel...I wouldn't neg someone just cause I had a problem with them. I'd just ignore them.

And what was that "I didn't think so" about? I didn't see you giving me a chance to explain myself after asking me to. Can you explain yourself? Didn't...oops :P

Also, are you unable to read or something? Did you not read the part of my message that said that I didn't neg him there. And do you not understand that that perhaps means that I don't neg people every time they make a stupid post.

FFS, I didn't even need to post that...I just wanted to explain to people my point of view, and that bongpilot wasn't necessarily totally wrong. And about it being ok to contradict people...I don't believe it is ok to contradict someone when you don't seem to understand what it is they're talking about.

ac

[edit] found it. This is why I negged him: http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=255863
    I negged him for that because I didn't feel like it added anything to the discussion. [/edit]

dude...are you some kind of retard who just starts **** for no reason? His post was Completely legit...there was no reason for getting negged like that! I'm refering to the link you provided. How can you say that his post didnt add anythign to the subject. You still didnt answer question. Did you find my post, or steves or road closed's post informative in any way!?!?

How would you feel if someone negged you everytime you dont understand something completely? Get your head out of your ass for a chance will ya?

Do you understand the point of this website? We're all here to learn...

You're not trying to get angel banned...but if everyone negs him a little by little...he will get banned automatically if he reaches a certain number of negative Aps... "300 I believe".

I apologise if my previous post seemed to be aimed just at you. It was actually aimed at all the ****tards that have nothing better to do but neg others for completely legit questions.

BongPilot was 100% wrong. His post didn't add anything to the thread, he was rude and offended someone. You're telling me you'd rather neg someone for :

communication of that type is easy to access, use a packet sniffer, like a port sniffer, except reads packets.
    but you dont find this wrong:

AngelofRevenge: stfu

I don't believe it is ok to contradict someone when you don't seem to understand what it is they're talking about.
    Yes its OK to contradict. If you understood completely what the other person is saying you wouldnt be contradicting in the first place.... dont neg those pple for not understanding...you teach them the right way

Cybr1d & gothic_type: Why are you hijacking this tread? You are having a difference of opinion -- so do it in PM's. I can understand the first post about this by Cybr1d, but to carry it on in an open forum is a bit redundant, and surely doesn't contribute to the thread.

ME is/was the worst OS I have ever dealt with, but I have also ran across some who think it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I don't know where they are getting their information from, and when I questioned one person, he said 'someone' that knows what he is talking about(?). Nothing I could say would even dent their conviction. Even showing them different documentation only irritated them. Guess it is like the old saying about teaching a pig to sing.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

I'm sorry...I got pissed off.

I'll stop now

/where did I leave my books on Acupineology and Zen Relaxation Techniques???

Hey

Who deleted my post?

Stop rambling about stupid outlandish ****, angelofrevenge.

Someone deleted my post? That i consider rude.

And if anyone is wondering who negged bongpilot.......I did. He earned them.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Banned
    I deleted that last post of yours, bongpilot. I don't mind seeing a discussion, but your last post was way off.
    If you think it's rude of moderators to delete your posts (I believe your other post got deleted by MsMittens after it had been reported), then maybe it's time to consider changing your posting-behaviour. Single posts on AO only get deleted for sound reasons.

Can we get this thread back on track now?

Okay

Thanks eveyone for that, my main security consideration is cryptography, that's where I seem to excel in. I find that the contents of drive should be encrypted in a business situation to prevent hakcers etc. That should explain some of my posts.

Also, why should people be bound to support one view in this free (both ways) forum?

Re: Had to chuckle

Originally posted here by elrey103

To my knowledge - my views of ME are that it sucks...because it was out for a whole 6 months prior to WIN 2k PRO and they never went back and fixed half of the major problems with the OS. As for security - FAT32 more secure than NTFS? Well - like I said - what do you say to someone like that....
    This is my take on this. I knew exactly what you meant.

I think AngelofRevenge misunderstood or more likely didn’t understand the point that was being made.
    Using any version of Windows, FAT32 has absolutely no in built encryption support.

However, NTFS does (in 2Kpro or XPpro), and it is fairly good encryption as well.
    If you mange to use one of the hacks to reset the admin password, when you don’t have admin authority, then the encrypted data is not readable, which rather defeats the purpose of the exercise.

And I would strongly take issue with his comment that :

Any way security issues Microsoft never fix..

Have you worked in the real world as a sysadmin?
    This is a ridiculous comment to make, and I would consider it valid to neg you for that alone.
    They do fix them, but perhaps in not as timely a fashion as some of us would like.

IMHO the main problem with WinME was that it was used by MS as a beta test for some new ideas they were trying out, like system restore for example. Which does work correctly with WinXP

I've had dealings with virtually every other version of Windows in the past, and I was astonished by how bad ME was.
    Strongly suggested an XP upgrade, or a linux dual boot, but I don't know if my advice will be heeded.

Like a lot of people, they do need Windows to play their selection of games

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    I am under the impression that ME was released as a stand alone OS, designed specifically for the home user, to play games and type their letters on.
    It was also capable of net access, but was never intended to be a full time?? browser support.

As W2K was released within a couple of months of the ME, I think this shows the way that M$ were thinking. ie: the biggest? users of the PC were/are computer illiterate, and that they could have the 'cheap' version,
    for those that demanded? a little more from their system, the option was for W2K (Home / Pro) which is an OS designed? to be a little more stable / secure / user changeable?
    The proof of this, is that W2K does NOT support ALL games (my Red Alert is a distant memory, and remains the ONLY game that I ever completed < wipe tear from eye&gt

Anyway, to conclude : ME is not the 'best' most secure (LOL) OS, because IMHO it was never designed to be, it was just another ploy by M$ to fill a niche that until that moment hadn't even existed.

My 0.02c worth

edit< as another chuckle item. Friend from the same IT course, day 1 of new job, ATM machines, working in bank, manager asked him for some advice. He wanted to know where the 'ANY' button was located, as in 'press any button to proceed' ?????????>end edit
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone