Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ie Product Team hidden credits page

Has anyone gotten this one to work for them ? :

Welcome to Windows!
    How it Works:
    1: Goto Start/Settings/Control Panel.
    2: Double click the Regional Settings icon.
    3: Hold down the Ctrl key and keep down.
    4: Using your mouse, Click and drag from Cairo Egypt (1) to Memphis Tennessee (2).
    5: Let go of mouse key.
    6: Using your mouse again, Click and drag from Memphis (2) to Redmond Washington (3).
    7: Enjoy the picture show and music!

Special Notes:
    This egg is quite tricky to initiate.
    Works in versions 98 - 98 SE
    Operation Cyberslam
    \"I\'ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.\" Author Unknown
    Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam

Awwwwww!

I am afraid that I tend to use XEN to skin MS of some of its bloatware, so they don't work! I used to be pretty good at bringing up the credits in Win3.1x..........and you had to be pixel accurate for that

I also like the flight simulator in Excel 8 (Office97)

These things are not quite as foolish as you might think.........I had a period when I was heavily involved in user training..........no one else wanted to do it and it seemed that I had the "bedside manner"/patience for it? It was quite useful because I was building online and CD interactive courses at the same time. I would show these silly things to the students, who were very impressed and thought that I was a great MS "guru"............but my campus had some of the very senior PA types in it. The IT Department's PA went on holiday "very kindly" leaving our director (EVP) with a partly completed powerpoint presentation for our annual budget and 3 year plan and the message "Johnno can finish it...........he knows all about that sort of stuff"

Well it got done, and my wife got a brand new car out of my annual performance bonus!!!!

Not very fair on the others...............but they didn't want to do the user training courses

Also, I would tell them about e-mail (mostly internal in those days) and the dangers of media brought in from outside................stopped several potentially nasty incidents as a result.

My message is that these things can be used to gain street cred in a working environment.......then you have user trust, and they will come to you if they are not sure, because they know you will NOT laugh at or ridicule them?

/end of sermon...it is Sunday here

Cheers